Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2001, 01:15 PM
First Mate

Default Comfort Inn, Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Can anyone tell me if the Comfort Inn Airport (Ft. Lauderdale) is a nice place to stay pre-cruise? What resturants and other places are within walking distance? Would you recommend it as being a decent place to stay?
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2001, 01:39 PM
dsawyer

Default Re: Comfort Inn, Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Hi Kathy,
I don't know when you are going but we will be staying there for our Thanksgiving cruise on The Golden. We can let you know what we found out when we get back.
Old October 27th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Admiral

I have not been there personally but I have heard very good things about the hotel. They apparently have an amazing pool area. I believe they will also pick you up at the airport and take you to the pier.

theresa
Old October 27th, 2001, 03:27 PM
First Mate

We will be there the 29th of November.
Old October 27th, 2001, 10:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you mean the one on Sterling (sp?) road?
Old October 28th, 2001, 09:00 AM
First Mate

Yes, on Sterling.
Old October 28th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

My wife and I stayed there for a night prior to our cruise on the Golden last week. As long as you understand you are getting a budget hotel I would recomend it. It is fairly low cost (was $57.00 for us) includes free (except for a tip) transfers each way. The breakfast out on the pool area was free and very good. Had an omlet station, plus the standard buffett selections such as bacon, french toast, eggs, bagels, fruit, ceral, etc. Plus it even had a make you own belgian waffle section. Didn't try that but they looked good. Also they had a one computer business center that had free internet use. We used it to send e-mail back home to the kids the Friday and Saturday we were there. The pool area is nice and is shared with the Hampton Inn next door. The night we were there it was in the 80's and humid but we only saw a couple of people using the pool.

The room was clean and had a chair, a king size bed, a mini-fridge, a microwave and TV. For things near there. There is a taco bell and a McDonalds right outside the door. If you are up to a bit of a walk there are some sit down resturants like TGI Fridays and a couple of others. Also even closer is a K-Mart for last minute supplies.

We ate at the "pool Bistro" the night we were there. Ordered pizza which was ok and was only $11-12. One cavaet though. The waitress asked if we were staying at the hotel and if so if we just wanted to cherge it to our room. Fine I said. When we checked out there was a room service fee of about $5.75 tacked on to the bill because we charge the pizza to our room! An $11-12 pizza and a $5.75 charge....sounds fair to me! Anyway we just paid it and continued on with getting excited for our upcoming trip.

All that said. For the low cost you for sure get your moneys worth. Nothing real special basic room, food etc. but everything seemed clean. The only thing my wife didn't like was it seemed to be a high crime area. She was very glad when it was time to go. Twice we noticed a policeman walking around outside on the walkways. The nearby stores had gaurds at some of the doors and the morning we left there were extradition agents there going over the guest list and the room door had a big warning on it saying to dead bolt your door never open for someone you don't know, etc.

In case you don't have it yet here is their web site address:

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...fo?hotel=FL243

Hope this helps. If you need any more info feel free to ask.

Scott
e-mail: scott@expertpc.net
Old October 28th, 2001, 06:06 PM
First Mate

Thank you for that information! Very helpful.
Old October 28th, 2001, 09:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Your welcome.

Drop me a line if you have any specific questions. We'd be glad to try and help.

Scott