Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2005, 06:05 PM
sterlingsilver

Default Upgraded to PS on Carib. Princess!

Decided to splurge on our Nov 26 sailing on the Caribbean Princess, (our third Princess cruise) so we booked a mini-suite guarantee last March. We loved to look at the Princess brochure to discover all the amenities that the mini-suite had to offer.
Well, we will be checking that brochure again because we were just upgraded to a Penthouse Suite! When our TA called and started her conversation with "I have some good news for you" I figured we were given a better location of our mini-suite, but wife and I were completely blown away when she gave us the news about the PS upgrade!
I have no idea why this happened, but guess who just became Princess' #1 cruzer?!
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Upgraded to PS on Carib. Princess!

Congratulations and enjoy that suite
Old September 5th, 2005, 03:16 PM
sterlingsilver

Default Re: Re: Upgraded to PS on Carib. Princess!

Thanks, we certainly will enjoy it. They even give us free laundry and dry cleaning! I might have to bring all my suits that need cleaning - and maybe a down comforter or two. Sure....
Old September 5th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Sterling! You think like I do! For sure, don't bring back dirty clothes. :-)

Those suites are fantastic! I never splurged for one, but toured one on the last day of a cruise. They are just fantastic (and by the way, I think you can use the drapes to close off the bedroom section ... maybe someone can confirm)

Congrats!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 5th, 2005, 08:38 PM
dands

We were upgraded to a suite on the Diamond. The amenities are great. If you have any time dining, you can make your reservations for any of the dining rooms for the entire cruise when you board the ship. For your mini bar, you can change what they provide, 2 vodkas, 2 scothces, 2 gins, 2 brandies, 2 bourbons, to all of one type of liquor. Just call room service. We are elite status, so maybe we didn't feel the suite amenities as much as you will. Check the boards on other sites; ***edited to delete commercical reference *** check out what you should receive. You can order your choice of canapes every night. If you tender at a port, you will get a priority boarding pass, use it by going directly to the tender, but be careful about pushing yourself to the front of the line. Enjoy your suite, and as my wife says have suite dreams.
Old September 6th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Admiral

congrats!
Old September 7th, 2005, 12:22 AM
sterlingsilver

Thanks for all your good wishes. We plan to make the most of our week. One question on the mini bar: is this free? I can't imagine that, just wondered.
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:07 PM
dands

The mini bar set up is free when it is first stocked. After that you are on your own. You can order any liquor through room service, $20 for a liter of vodka, about the same for any other liquor. The staff seems to treat Suiters a little better, so take advantage of it., dining room reservations, etc. When you get to your room call dine (3463) on the phone as soon as you can. Make your first and second nights reservation (if you have personal choice dining) and remind them you are in a suite. They will call you back and you can make all the rest of your reservations the first day. Enjoy the week.
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:10 PM
sterlingsilver

Ok, that answers that question. Thanks, dands.
Old September 10th, 2005, 09:06 PM
World Traveler

Lucky you! I have not been thrilled with the way Princess has handled our reservations. We booked a balcony cabin, with our cruise advisor virtually assuring us of an upgrade. Well, we got ONE - from BB to a BA, no big shakes. And then we found out that the BA cabin price was decreased, meaning that for an additional $10 or so initially, we could have been booked in the BA with the upgrade to a minisuite. She has again assured us that we may yet receive an upgrade, but I am not holding my breath. I am unhappy with my booking agent and the Princess line.
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Passenger

Did you get a PS (aft) or a PH (midship Riviera deck)? Either way, it's a great upgrade and will leave you spoiled.
Old September 12th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Beginner

Yes, thanks, it is actually the PH, midship. I never had a cabin that actually had a NAME! (St. Maarten)