CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Ocean Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/222151-ocean-princess.html)

Maureen November 11th, 2001 07:58 AM

Ocean Princess

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me about BC cabins on Ocean Princess. Sailing on March 20,2002....seems so far away.

Was booked for a J category, and with price reductions was able to get a BC guarantee for the same $..... my first time in a balcony cabin....I've heard that this balcony is small (that's ok) but was wondering if it would have room for a lounge.... is it in the sun or covered? How does the room compare to an inside...is it larger or is just the balcony added?

I was on the Grand last March for a 7 day cruise...this is also my first 10 day cruise.... can you tell how excited I am already....still with months to wait..LOL

How does the Ocean compare with the Grand.....come on guys....give me the good and the bad....just leave out the ugly!!!

Thanks for any and all info!!!

Andrea November 11th, 2001 10:56 AM

Re: Ocean Princess

Hi Maureen,

I can't answer any of your questions - yet - but after the December 10th sailing, I will post some thoughts. I am sure others here can be of much more help! We are in a cat BB and it is also my first balcony and 10-day cruise!!

I too, am totally excited!! My friend is leaving on the Grand today - I am so jealous!! I wanna go now!!

Well - happy sailing to you!

Andrea

Carole Dunham November 11th, 2001 01:53 PM

The balconies are built inside the hull so unless your side of the ship is facing the sun, there won't be any on your bacony. We were in a small verandah cabin on Ocean Princess and there was room for two regular chairs and a table.

Carole

Bill November 12th, 2001 12:03 PM

Don't go for these rooms if you are looking for size. These are small rooms with a small balconies (just got off Ocean on Saturday stayed in B501)Rooms have just enough room for beds and one chair + a stool for the dressingtable/desk. Balcony has just enough room for two small chairs and a small round table. We were constantly in each others way in the room. Nice rooms, nice balcony, just small.

Sherri November 13th, 2001 07:38 PM

We also just returned on the same cruise that "Bill" was on. Must have been on the same floor, same side. The rooms were small. In fact, larger rooms on Royal Caribbean in just an outside room, however, the balcony was an interesting time. We are avid video fans, and had a wild time shooting all kinds of things (including spectacular sunrises and sunsets) from our balcony. We loved the balcony idea, even though the rooms and the balcony were small.

The ship rode VERY rough. We've been on other ships in much harsher seas and we couldn't believe how bad this ship rode! The other down side was that it seemed we had a large population of Senior Citizens on the ship and the ship's activities were tailored more to the Senior set and left very few activities for the younger set (didn't make me feel very welcome).

The excursions were great, food great and service outstanding.

cruise456 November 13th, 2001 07:42 PM

Can't compare the Ocean to the Grand, but can comment on a 10-day cruise -- I love them. I don't think I would want to do less then 10 days. The 3 extra days seem to make all of the difference in the world. I didn't feel as rushed on the longer cruise -- didn't have to fit everything in right away. I'll be on the Ocean 1/29/02 -- can't wait!!!!

Barbara November 13th, 2001 08:48 PM

Gee I am so happy there is someone else on the 1/29/02 sailing. I have been posting for several months now and seems no one else was going. THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE THE WHOLE SHIP TO OURSELVES. We too love 10 days cruises and Princess, this is the first cruise on the Ocean. We were just upgraded to a BA catagory yesterday..still hoping for a minisuite.

shelley November 27th, 2001 03:46 PM

Hi Maureen,
I am booked on the April 9th sailing of the ocean. I went on her sister,the Sea,that is why I booked this one,also because it's a 10 day! Personally,I didn't care for the Grand,just too big and impersonal for me. I have always had balconies and they are great,no matter how small. Hey,you have a shorter wait than me!!!