CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess Website (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/222166-princess-website.html)

Valerie November 13th, 2001 04:24 PM

Princess Website

Does anyone else have problems with the Princess Website? By the time you get into Cruise Personalizer for your information the ship has already sailed. Saying it is slow is an understatement.Maybe it is me but I don't have problems with any other websites. The idea is a great one but only if it works.

elmtree November 13th, 2001 06:04 PM

Re: Princess Website

Man, am I glad you mentioned it! I though I was the only one having problems with it. I have a lan connection and I have tried both the Netscape brouser and Internet Explorer and still am having a rough time getting in. I have contacted my TA and have been assured my cruise (Golden 1/12/02) has been paid for and that I am using the correct number and all I get is Sorry wrong name or number has been entered! Really frustrating, I just gave up and plan on booking my shore excursions with Princess directly when I get my information from them..

Donna November 13th, 2001 07:33 PM

Hey guys,
Just keep trying, I've been checking my booking almost daily for a cabin assignment and have had no problems. Make sure you have the actual booking number and not your reservation number? Have been able to update all our information, set up our sign/sail account and book shore excersions too.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host

Cheryl November 13th, 2001 08:16 PM

make sure you try your name with middle initial or try without it. You have to use exactly what your ta booked you as, including Rick vs Richard keep trying and you will get in...also its important to do you online registering with emerg contact and immigration info so you can do express check in at the boat.

bluebell November 13th, 2001 08:30 PM

I called Princess to check on why I couldn't get into the Cruise Personalizer. Found out that we used a middle initial and there is no space between first name and initial.

elmtree November 13th, 2001 09:11 PM

Unreal! I just went to their website and low and behold, I typed in my first and middle name as you suggested AND there I was. Confirmed and put in all my information! Thank you very much for your help. I think they should say put in you first and middle name instead of just requesting your name..I never though it would make such a difference. Any way, Thanks sooooo much!

Rene November 13th, 2001 09:55 PM

I agree I have tried several times to get to the cruise personalizer with no success ever. Very frustated with it.

Emmy November 14th, 2001 06:26 AM

I used to try and try as well when I was using Netscape and then when I tried Explorer I had no problem and the booking comes up like a breeze.

Emmy

Mike Mastellar November 14th, 2001 08:49 PM

I thought that I had the wrong booking ID until I paid attention to what I was doing. I was putting my first name on top and my last name on the second line.
It is the other way around. Once I put last name first, everything worked just great.

Take Care;
Backwards Mike

james banyard November 16th, 2001 08:35 AM

IM TRYING TO LOCATE A CREW LIST FOR E-MAILS FOR ANYBODY WHO WORKED FOR PRINCESS CRUISES BETWEEN 1994-1999 IN PARTICULAR THE BAR DEPARTMENT ,CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ...... JAMES BANYARD

rob h November 18th, 2001 11:50 PM

IE is better to use and you type exactely what is on your blue coupon book from Princess. Its on the back end of the book with your booking number