Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
Sandy R

Default Photos of Venice to Rome Princess Cruise

I've gotten so much good info on CruiseMates over the years, thought that those of you planning a Mediterranean cruise in the near future, might like to see what's in store... Sailed on the Grand Princess this past June and she was in great condition and the officers and staff were friendly and helpful.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sandyris
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2005, 08:59 AM
mateli

Default Re: Photos of Venice to Rome Princess Cruise

Congrats for nice pictures,you certainly had a wonderful cruise.This cruise was one of my favorite of all.Happy sailing Mateli
Old September 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
David Patzwald

Default Re: Photos of Venice to Rome Princess Cruise

Terrific Pictures! They are some of the best travel pictures I have ever seen on the CruiseMates site. I really was amazed how you were able to get so many of the pictures without people in them. Like you, I really try to take my travel pictures without being cluttered with people. It irritates my wife at times while I am waiting for the perfect shot i.e. without people.

Talk about great timing - we are leaving Seattle on Thursday for Venice to take the Grand Princess Venice to Rome cruise with our two recently married sons (March & July) and their wives and our youngest son . This is the third cruise for us and the first cruise for our sons and daughter in-laws. The cruise is a wedding present for the new married couples and a college graduation present for our youngest son. For us, it is for our 35th wedding anniversary - not that we need an excuse to go on a cruise.

While we have been to Rome and Venice before, we have not been to Greece or Turkey so your pictures where a great preview for us. Thanks again for the great pictures,

Dave
Old September 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Sandy R

Default Re: Re: Photos of Venice to Rome Princess Cruise

Thanks for the nice compliments.

Dave... have a great time on your cruise. Wish I was going with you! Really loved our cruise. As far as photos without people, my husband is used to me waiting until I can get the shot I want. I guess it's a trade off... I don't go shopping, taking photos is my passion.

Sandy
Old January 21st, 2006, 08:08 PM
Beginner

Sandy

Great pictures! I will be going on an almost identical cruise this September 2005 (my first cruise!). Do you (or anyones else) have any suggestion on what excursions to book with Princess, which to forgo all tours and which to use a private tour company with on any or all the stops, which are:
Rome
Monte Carlo
Florence/Pisa
Naples/Capri
Santorini
Kusadasi
Mykonos
Athens
Katakolon (Olympia)
Corfu
and Venice

Any other advice for a first timer onboard the Golden?
TIA