Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2001, 01:19 PM
First Mate

Default Qs re Sea Princess - 12/29

More 1st timer Qs:

1. I keep reading about cocktails "offered" on board, for instance on boarding or "drink of the day." To avoid inadvertently accruing a HUGE bar bill - can any of you provide more precise info re this issue? Are any alcoholic bevs ever free, i.e. "welcome on board" or if not in a souvenir glass? Are "drinks of the day" at a discounted price -- what makes them special? the glass? I guess I'm having trouble imagining waiters walking around on deck handing out drinks which appear to be gratis, but being able to know who & how much to charge unless you're wearing your ship card around your neck?? (I'm sure this is a really dumb Q)

2. Is there any type of a festive night on this cruise, where one wears Mexican or Hawaiian theme clothes?

3. Any special events on New Years for grownups &/or kids?

THANKING ONE & ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP! Sheila
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2001, 09:11 PM
sailinglisa

Default Re: Qs re Sea Princess - 12/29

Sheila - according to the Princess Patters that a friend sent me from his Mex Riveria cruise last month, the night they leave Puerto Vallarta there is a Fiesta Mexicana deck part with music, dancing, drinks and food - you could definitely dress tropical or mexican for that. It also happens to fall on a casual night.

As for free alcoholic drinks, all drinks are charged for - at he Captain's Gala evening (first full sea day) it is $2.00 for the first glass of champagne and refills are free. Drinks of the day are cheaper because they are the special drink of the day. There are special souvenir glasses that you can buy the drink in, but they cost more. SOMETIMES, and I mean sometimes you can get refills cheaper, but that does not happen a lot.

Also, on sailaway from Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan - there are sailaway parties in the late afternoon. Drinks are charged for but that is also fun to go to and listen to the music and watch sailaway.

I'm going on the Sea Princess 1/12 - I hope you write a review when you get back!!
Old November 24th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Qs re Sea Princess - 12/29

Sheila,

1. The traditional Captain's "Welcome Aboard" Cocktail Party on the second evening of the cruise (first formal night) -- which did feature free bar beverages -- has given way to "The Atrium Assembly" from 5:30 until 8:30 PM, during which the captain speaks only once at 7:45 or so. Now, the only events with free bar beverages are the champagne art auctions, the "singles mingles" gatherings for unattached folks, and the Captain's Circle Cocktail Party for repeat passengers.

So-called "mocktails" are readily available from all of the bars.

2. There's a "Mexican Fiesta" deck party -- and be sure to bring your good camera to take pictures of the vegetable sculptures on the buffet!

3. If you are aboard ship on New Year's Eve, expect a New Year's Eve party after the show. It might be either an additional formal night or a masquerade (for those who bring costimes), depending upon the decision of the cruise director.

Norm.