Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Passenger

Default carry on luggage

I am a first time cruiser (20/12/01 Ocean Princess) and I don't know what to do with my formal wear. I plan on using a garment bag. Should it be carried on to ensure the clothes don't come up in tatters. Should I leave the bag with the rest of our luggage? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: carry on luggage

Maureen,
I just sailed the Golden Princess 11/17/01-11/24/01. I wanted to begin unpacking as soon as possible, so I carried on my wheeled garment bag nad a couple of carry-on bags. The curb-side luggage carriers tried to get me to let them carry it all, but I insisted that I wanted to carry those with me. I realy wanted to unpack as soon as possible.
As long as it will fit into the x-ray machine you can bring it on with you. If you leave it curbside it may take as lond as 2-4 hours before you get it.
Old November 25th, 2001, 04:44 PM
First Mate

Why lug it around? Check it! Enjoy yourself. It will be fine.
Old November 25th, 2001, 06:09 PM
rob h

If you pack your formal clothes with dry cleaner bags in a good suitcase, should have no problem.
Your garment bag depending on quality will get tossed around but survive, its your call.
You should watch them load 100 bags on to a trolly cart prior to going on an conveyor belt into the ship. You might be lucky with your bag at the top or on the bottom.

They have an excellent dry cleaning service if needed but its your call, enjoy your trip and nott sweat the odd wrinkle in your clothes
Old November 26th, 2001, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Marueen,
I always do what Rob said in his post about the dry cleaner plastic bags, and so far have never needed anything ironed, also use a garment bag, seems to work, give it a try.

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old November 28th, 2001, 11:58 PM
First Mate

Maureen,
I too will actually be on that same trip. This will be my 9th trip with Princess and I have always checked my garmet bag containing my formal clothes. We have never had any problems (4 people, 2-3 checked bags each, 8 trips) with lost or damaged bags or clothing with princess. It is true that your bags will not be delivered to your room for several hours, and you will most likely not get to unpack before dinner the first night. Take your pick. I agree with Tom- pack it and forget about it. If your things are so wrinkled that they need to be pressed the dry cleaning service is wonderful and not outrageously expensive. Have a great trip!

David