Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2001, 11:55 PM
John & Dianne

Default Sun Princess - 4/25/02

This is our 2nd cruise as we just finish the Carnival Victory on Nov 25 - Dec 2. We had a great time and totally enjoyed it. Now we are going to try the Princess Line.
Any information is greatly appreciated.
My wife and I are 50 and live in Sacramento California and wanted to hear other talk about the Sun Princess. We're booked on the repositioning to the west coast. Ft Lauderdale, Western Caribbean, Panama, Columbia, a few stop in Mexico on the Pacific side then we get off at San Francisco and the ship heads up to Canada.

Now that we have the itinerary out of the way who else is going?
I've heard from Ray and Linda from Texas already and now looking for a few more.

John and Dianne
Victory 11/25/01
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Emmy

Default Re: Sun Princess - 4/25/02

We will just be getting off the Sun Princess on April 25 after its 10 day Panama Canal. We are counting down the days and have had this one booked since January 2001.

Emmy
Old December 11th, 2001, 08:55 AM
First Mate

Been on the Sun Princess. It is a beautiful ship. Really enjoyed having before dinner cocktails in the ships Wheel House Bar. The atmosphere and decor in there is really nice. They also have live music such as jazz and it is actually quiet enough in the room to carry on a conversation. This is a great place to unwind before dinner. We have also been on the Victory last April. It was the best cruise we have ever been on. We had a family group of 11 and all service, food, and entertainment were the best we have ever had.Our favorite time to cruise the caribbean is April. The water will be nice and warm for you. I do really like Princess private island. Do you go there? Have fun on the Sun.
Libby
Old December 11th, 2001, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi John and Dianne,
Here is a recent members review of "Sun" on a simular cruise and the one you mentioned, hope it will help:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_princess/sun5.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 11th, 2001, 11:52 PM
John & Di

Emmy,
We will have to wave to each other as you leave and we board. Both my wife and I can't wait.

John
Old December 11th, 2001, 11:59 PM
John & Di

Thanks for the information on your time on the Sun Princess.

Everyone talks about the low quality and service on Carnival but I must say I was very impressed on all aspects of the cruise. Yes the ship is large and with 3,000 people you should expect a few moments in line at the buffet but the balcony room was large and had everything you could ever want, the dinning room had great menus and especilly dinner. The service we recived from all was well above average and everyone had a blast. We met many couples and families with children who have the same story. Didn't see any drunks as others post, didn't see stained carpets and trash. So the bottom line is that you will make your vacation what it can be and not expect perfect conditions every moment.

For us we are now going to try Princess and I'm sure we will have another great cruise. We are counting the days.
Thanks
John
Old December 12th, 2001, 12:01 AM
John & Di

Thanks Donna for the link. I read that a few days ago and it always amazes me how many things can go wrong. On the Victory we had a couple total their car driving to Miami and made it out uninjured and still joined the cruise and had a great time.

Life can be unfare at times.

John
Old December 18th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Passenger

We just got back from the same cruise and our experience was totally different. We loved every minute of it. Was everything perfect??? No, soooo!!!! People were great, service was great, cruise director was terrific, ship was great and even though the food wasn't often that great----it was still better than what I cook!!! Enjoy yourselves!