Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2001, 10:48 AM
theprofs

Default Best Snorkeling Excursions: St Thomas? St. Marteen

Hi,

Going on the Golden Princess next month and am curious as to whether anyone can recommend one snorkeling excursion over another....or tell me which one(s) to avoid? Example: We went on one (picked from a book) on the great barrier reef. The ship was so large and had covered the area so frequently, that the polution had killed the reef and most fish! Missed another, much better one that people raved about, because we didn't ask before booking. So, can anyone recommend those that are tops -- or otherwise? Thanks....
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Snorkeling Excursions: St Thomas? St. Mar

I went on the Champagne Catamaran excursion in St. Thomas to St. Johnand it was great. I had never been snorkelling before so I have nothing to compare to but the entire day was nice. Good food and drink and the beach was beautiful. Did some snorkelling and saw some colorful fish and corol. What more can you ask for.

It's a bit pricing but worth the extra $$.
Old December 18th, 2001, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Theprofs,
I too have heard the champagne cataraman excersion if well worth the money, hope to give that one a try some time soon. Have snorkeled over at Trunk Bay in St. Johns, and its a really beautiful island, well worth going over to see either on your own or through a ship tour.

When will you be on Golden? We will be on her in just 11 days for New Years, can't wait!

Donna
Tuesday Chat host
Old December 18th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

HI THEPROFS,
JUST WONDERING WHEN YOU ARE SAILING ON THE GOLDEN? WE ARE SAILING JAN 19TH. IT WILL BE MY HUSBAND AND I AND ANOTHER COUPLE. HAPPY SAILING!!!!
Old December 19th, 2001, 01:12 AM
theprofs

We're on the Jan 5 cruise.
Old December 19th, 2001, 01:25 AM
cruisin'dj

profs,
i must concur with other respondants that trunk bay in st john is a must-do. the ride up the steep hills to the beach is an adventure in itself, and if the sea is calm, the snorkeling is great.
if i won lotto, st john is one of the places i would stay.

have fun

cruisin' dj
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:48 PM
MikeInPgh

On St Thomas, we did the New Waves Snorlke excursion, I think it is excursion V1. It is a powerboat ride to Little St James then to Honeymoon Beach on St John. It is beautiful and the boat ride is lots of fun.
Old December 20th, 2001, 10:25 PM
emsacs

mike,
we are doing tour V..New waves snorkle excursion on our cruise (Dawn 1/26). was the boat that you went on called Capt Nautica or something like that? Also, someone told me that they serve shrimp cocktail? is this true?? I've read on another message board that this is a great excursion. That's why we chose to spend the exta bucks on this one.
Old December 20th, 2001, 10:28 PM
emsacs

Mike, just realized who you were...... add this to my list of questions. Thanks again for your insight.

Eric