Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2001, 10:01 AM
jp garnier

Default Ocean Princess compared

Going on the above on 12/30 and it appears that there are many more postings for the other ships of the line than for the Ocean. Is this because for some reason or another it is not as popular as the others or is it my imagination. Please, some Xmas trip reassurance and, Happy Holidays, JP
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2001, 10:09 AM
seagarsmoker

Default Re: Ocean Princess compared

Since the Ocean is part of the 'Sun' class, it would be pretty similar to the Sun, Dawn, and Sea. Since we've been on the Sun and Sea, IMHO the two were almost identical except the newer of the series (Ocean, then Sea) would be better sound and light systems and a couple of other newer technologies.
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:00 PM
First Mate

Because the Ocean is the newest of the Sun-Class ships, it has not been around as long or had as many people sail on her as the others. We've been on the both Sun and the Ocean Princess' - they a virtually identical except for some minor structural changes and the art work. Don't worry, the Ocean is a fantastic ship.
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Hucc

I was on the Ocean Princess in February 2001 --- what a beautiful ship! Nicely laid out, tastefully appointment.... you will have a great time!
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Have been on all four of the Sun Class ships (Sun Princess, 2 times; Dawn Princess, 2 times; Sea Princess, 2 times; Ocean Princess, 1 time) they are identical, well laid out ships, with the typical Princess quality staff, entertainment and food.
Old December 20th, 2001, 03:17 PM
jp garnier

Thanks one and all. !st time on Princess and look forward to it. Happy holidays, jp
Old December 20th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi JP,
We cruised on Ocean Princess last year and she is a beautiful ship, I'm sure you will like it a lot! The food and service were above what I expected, entertainment was also good. Don't worry, you will have a wonderful time, actually kind of sad to see that Ocean will be moving over to the P&O line next year, so enjoy it!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 21st, 2001, 10:47 PM
Admiral

We were on the Ocean Princess Jan 2001. It was our first cruise and we loved the ship! We're going on the Dawn this January and just hope it is as nice as the Ocean. This winter the Ocean is doing 10 day trips instead of the 7 day Caribbean like last year. We would have chosen the Ocean if we could have gotten a 7 day trip. Have a great time!
Old December 22nd, 2001, 05:39 PM
Passenger

I noticed this too when I checked prior to our cruise. We just finished the Dec 10-20 cruise.
One reason could be that the ship is only a year old, but the more likely reason may be that the average age seemed to be about 80! More Floridians than anyone else. We were figuring that the fear of flying is causing this.
Beautiful ship, good food, entertainment is for the really old folks, though.
Despite the blue hair crowd (dubbed the Q-tips by one of their own), it was still a great cruise.
Have fun.