Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2001, 12:22 AM
alice

Default cruise flights toronto

I have a flight booked with the cruise line for march, when do you find out your flight times and what has been anyones experience from toronto, is it non stop and land in good time ie around noon, anyone try to change or extended flight times and did it cost them an arm and leg? im considering flying in to orlando and go to dolphin cove then find a way down, am i better to book my own flight? I have 10 days to make a decision.

thanks alice
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2001, 02:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: cruise flights toronto

hi Alice,

We're going on the golden in January.(from Toronto) We personally
found Princess to be pricey. We found direct flights about $250 per
cheaper. Especially since you want to go early; what's the point of
paying extra with Princess?
Darlene
Old December 25th, 2001, 09:51 AM
alice

unfortunately we havent had that luck, we are going on march break and the other air lines are $150 more at this time for flights, but i would love to try your travel agent who found those flight prices and see what they can come up with.
Old December 25th, 2001, 11:01 AM
KandK

We flew out of Toronto earlier this month. First, get air deviation, for the extra $35.00 you can book the flight much earlier therefore getting a direct flight. It also helps if you book through Princess, they were very helpful when we where filing our lost luggage claims with Air Canada (got our luggage on arrival back in Toronto on the return trip). Please note that you MUST claim your luggage at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale and take it to the ground transportation. You then claim it again at the port after it comes off the bus before the crew takes it to the ship. A result of new security procedures.

The flight leaving Toronto at 9:30 should get you to the ship by the early afternoon.

KandK
Old December 26th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Emmy

We live in Ontario are going on a cruise in April and I booked my flight on my own out of Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale for $346 per person Canadian funds return with a stop in Atlanta. That is on Delta. I always find the flights cheaper out of Buffalo. Have had our flights booked since July.

Emmy
Old December 26th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi
On our last two cruises, we booked our own air the first time and had Princess book it the second time. We are going on a third cruise in March and we are booking our own. There are pros and cons to both but if you book with Princess I can almost guarantee it will not be a direct flight and you would probably find out the details about three weeks prior. We have decided to fly out of Toronto a day ahead and stay in Florida overnight. The only good thing about booking with Princess is that they will make sure you get on the ship if there are problems, and all the expenses will be theirs. If you have problems and you have booked your own air, the problems are yours. Basically Princess is not involved. That is why we are leaving a day in advance. We will get into Florida in time to enjoy some of the sights, and there is a shuttle that will take us to the Pier at no charge the next day.
Shirley