Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2001, 09:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Traveling w/16yr old

Please let me know if there is much to do for a 16yr old on Grand Princess? She is very mature, and enjoys more adult activities, she is an activist, works and goes to school.. Please advise as this is our 1st cruise.. Thanks for any info. WE are planning to leave 3/10/01 still checking if another cruise line has more to offer -- but not kiddie programs!! Please send info soon Thanks, Becky
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2001, 01:39 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Traveling w/16yr old

Your daughter will love Grand Princess. The ship has much to do for all ages. The food is good, there are 5 swimming pools and lots of water sports and games. good entertainment, shore escursions. You didn't mention when you would be sailing but if it's over a school holiday there will be loads of families onboard and suppervised kid's activities. I find the kids join up pretty quickly and tend to hang out together. I hope you love it too. My daughter (way past teens) and I loved Grand Princess.

Carole
Old December 31st, 2001, 08:10 PM
Admiral

It is a great ship and your 16 year old will love it!

You will be traveling over Spring Break - there will be PLENTY of teens her age. She can hang out with the other teens or do her own thing.

Don't worry - it will be a great vacation for both of you!

The other cruise to look into would be Explorer of the Seas or Voyager of the Seas. This ship is a little more active (wall climbing, ice skating, roller blading, etc. .). Any of these ships would be excellent choices.

If you have any specific questions - email me.

I loved the Grand Princess - she is an excellent ship!

Theresa
Old January 15th, 2002, 11:24 PM
SF

We loved the Grand Princess and have sailed on her three times. Our daughter who is the same age as yours always has a great time. There is so much for the teens to do. Whether she chooses to meet others her age or if she prefers the daily activities believe me she'll be busy.