Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2002, 04:25 PM
John Ryan

Default Star Princess from LA

We're booked on the April 6 sailing of the Star Princess from L.A. We stayed at a hotel the night before we left and were able to leave our car for the week. It was located down the street and across the way from the port. Does anybody know what the name of that hotel is? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2002, 04:26 PM
John Ryan

Default Re: Star Princess from LA

Thank You in advance!
Old January 2nd, 2002, 04:26 PM
John Ryan

Princess Cruise lines
Old January 2nd, 2002, 05:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lindsay

John, we'll be on the Star Princess on Mar. 30 and we're staying at the Sheraton LA Harbor Hotel across from the port. Leaving our car there in their covered parking garage. Some folks choose the Best Western Sunrise, and I had originally booked there, but found their personnel to be lacking big time. I was able to find a good rate online for the Sheraton and it's also has a 3 star rating in AAA Tourbook. Other options would be Hilton and Maybe Holiday Inn. Happy sailing!
Old January 3rd, 2002, 08:17 PM
First Mate

The Sheraton is a very nice hotel. I have stayed at least 5 times there. You will be pleased. Gary
Old January 4th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Ted

Hi Lindsay...we've been looking at Hotels for our May 4th trip on the Star. The Sheraton definitely looks interesting.. can you tell us more about the online deal you mentioned? I've seen a price of $99.
-Ted
Old January 4th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lindsay
Default Re: Star Princess from LA--to Ted (also, Gary:)

I went to HotelLocators.com and put in May 3 for one night and came up with $92.50 and also $99. At Lodging.com I also found it for $99 for that date. I think mine was $92 for our cruise March 30 and later on the Ecstasy in June, it was $89, I think. Parking is $5 a day. (It's double that in the port lot.) Free shuttle over and back to and from the ship.
By the way, Gary, thanks for thumbs on the Sheraton!
Old January 4th, 2002, 01:43 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Star from LA--to Lindsay (also, Gary:)

Thanks to both of you for the suggestion and information. It's a big help!
-Ted
Old January 4th, 2002, 11:45 AM
John Ryan

Thanks for the info!
Old January 23rd, 2002, 12:53 PM
Pepi's Mom

We all (about 10 of us) have reservations at the Sheraton for the April 27th cruise. We go different prices depending on how you are arriving.

$99 night for room, champagne, breakfast -- slight charge for shuttle to and from the pier

$139 night for room, champagne, breakfast, car parking for the week and shuttle to and from the pier

$169 night for room, champagne, breakfast, shuttle to and from LAX airport and shuttle to and from pier

We had friends that live in the area that told us not to stay at the Sunrise -- bad publicity all the time.
Old January 27th, 2002, 01:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Lindsay--my husband and I just booked the Star Princess 3/30, also. We booked a minisuite AD guarantee, hoping to get lucky with an upgrade, How about you? Do you know anything about the excursions? Have you received the excursion book yet?