Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2002, 08:40 AM
First Mate

Default Looking for Recos on Golden Eastern

My wife and I are booked on the the Golden Princess 2/23 Eastern Caribbean Cruise. First time on Princess. We are looking for recommendations on things like shore excursions, entertainment on the ship, to do's on the ship, dining, etc. I would also be interested in things to avoid. Any input that will help us maximize our enjoyment is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Looking for Recos on Golden Eastern

Well... at least now I know what "reco's" are! ()
Old January 8th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Passenger

Jim,

Our high point in any Eastern itinerary is Magen's Bay. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We just get a cab from the dock and head right over. Can't recall exactly, but I think it's about 20 mins or so, depending on how many goats are milling around on the road leading to the bay.

We've found that any shopping we would have otherwise done in St. Thomas is easily done in St. Maarten. For anything we were interested in, the shops are on both islands. Hit the beach!

Joy (see the website noted below)

http://magensbayvi.com/
Old January 8th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jim,
We were just on Golden last week and did one great shore excersion you may want to consider, the America's Cup Regatta, great fun, some work involved though. You can pre-book it on their web-site or any other tours you really want to do. Jim is right about the shopping, almost better bargains in St. Maarten, but nice shopping in St. Thomas as well.

If you like to snorkel, take a trip over to St. JOhns, Trunk Bay, great underwater snorkel trail and lots of neat fish, some OK coral to see too. Very beautiful island, you can do a ship tour or take a cab over to Red Hook Ferry and then another cab once on the island, just a picture postcard kind of island.

Unfortunately the weather did not permit us to go to Princess Cays, was really looking forward to that "beach" day, hopefully things will improve and you will get there.

Enjoyed our Golden cruise, nice big ship, a little tricky getting the hang of getting around, did end up at some dead-end spots, but once we figured out how to navigate the ship it was no problem. Food was very good along with the service, had nothing to complain about, saw a few good shows and some I didn't care for, but many to choose from nightly.

Have a great time!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old January 9th, 2002, 09:43 AM
First Mate

Donna,

Thanks for the response. Which shows did you enjoy / not enjoy? Any specific reasons or just personal taste?
Old January 9th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jim,
Everyone seemed to enjoy different shows, depends on the comedy you prefer I think. There was one comedian that was very funny, but someone else didn't think so??? Go figure. I enjoyed almost all of "Lights, Camera, Action", and others thought it was slow in the beginning, which it was a bit, but all in all a great show. There are so many to choose from, there will be some you like and others you don't, just like anything else.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host