Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2002, 12:54 PM
First Mate

Default Getting Married on Board?

Looking for information on how to get married on a cruise ship. We're sailing 3/24/02 on Grand Princess. Not looking for a reception, just a SMALL cerimony

Anyone done this? Or been to a wedding on a cruise ship?
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2002, 01:02 PM
alice

Default Re: Getting Married on Board?

hi there my girlfriend is getting married on 3/15, with the grand, actually shes getting married in cozumel at the port thru an inn on the beach, check out a search i found it some where, you can also get wed in grand cayman but remember you get tendered in and if waters rough then you cant get to shore

i will post how it went and hair costs and such, when i get back
also with cozumel, its formal nite on the boat so we are having diner there instead of a private diner

hope it helps alice
Old January 9th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Carole Dunham

I peeked in on a wedding on Grand Princess a number of years ago and it looked lovely. I saw a review of same by a groom. He was really impressed and said Princess went overboard in giving them a beautiful, memorable wedding. Your T/A should be able to help you with that. Or get hold of a Princess brochure and it will tell you how to arrange your wedding.

Carole
Old January 9th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kathy,
Here is a link to some wedding info, should help:

<http://www.aweddingforyou.com/>

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old January 17th, 2002, 11:29 PM
Admiral

Kathy,

If you want to marry your beau aboard MV Grand Princess, you have to book a wedding package with Princess through your travel agent. Princess arranges all the legalities, including witnesses if you don't have friends coming along to act as best man and maid/matron of honor, so you and your beau just have to bring your wedding attire and whatever personal documents might be necessary for a marriage of two foreigners under British law when you embark. I expect that Princess would provide further instructions in your information package if there's anything else that you need to do before boarding the ship. The ship's doctors probably would perform any required medical tests, the cost of which might included in the price of the wedding package.

Norm.