Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 3/17 Grand - Anyone Going?

My husband and I are in process of booking Grand for 3/17. Prices aren't as good as some other weeks, but what the heck -- it's our 1-yr anniversary (we're 41 and 53).

Is anyone else going that week? We're first-timers on a budget so not sure what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Hucc

Default Re: 3/17 Grand - Anyone Going?

I'm going on the Grand 2/3 .... so, a month before you. You'll have a great trip! Just ask your questions and the people here will help you out.
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

My Husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary on the Grand 3/17. We are also first timers he is 43 I'm 45. We booked a BD catagory room on the Baja deck and have already been upgraded to a BB on the Carib deck. It will be our first vacation without kids in ages and are looking forward too it.
We are from Ogden Utah and with the Olympics here through most of Feb, and the Para olympics after that we will be needing this cruise.
Old January 11th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thanks Virginia!

Virginia -- we are booking today on the BD deck and will hope for an upgrade. How do you find out you've received one so far in advance? Perhaps we can meet on board and celebrate our anniversaries! Have no idea how to meet up with someone on a cruise with 2400 people.
Old January 11th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Thanks Virginia!

You will get a booking ID number from your travel agent then you go to princess.com and go to cruise personalizer and enter the booking Id. There you will find what cabin you are assigned too and all other packages or extra's you have purchased like pre and post hotels or spa packages. and about 60 days before the cruise (next week) you should be able to book any excursions you want there too.
We just keep checking weekly and one day about 3 months after we booked I noticed we went from cabin B702 to C702. which is fine with me the balconies are the largest on the carib deck from what I hear. So that is the cabin we will be in unless we get another upgrade. Let me know when you get your cabin assignment and we can plan to meet at dinner and maybe share a bottle of Champagne or something and celebrate.
Old January 13th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Hi...

We just booked this cruise yesterday. We are a group of 6 in our 30's.
Old January 13th, 2002, 09:37 PM
First Mate

Hi Amy....

My husband, Mike and I (Kathy) will be on the Grand Princess for the 3/17 sailing. This is our second cruise with Princess. In June of 1999 we did an Alaskan Cruise Tour with Princess on the Dawn and loved it. That trip we had a balacony on the Aloha Deck and this trip we will be on the Caribe deck (Room 307). The balcony is supposed to be much larger on the Grand's Caribe deck.

We decided to stick with the traditional dining option (second seating). We liked socializing with our tablemates each evening and sharing information about that day's activities and the following day's schedule. We just entered our booking information onto the Cruise Personalizer website and are anxiously awaiting the shore excursion website to open up for early bookings. We plan on doing some scuba diving and touring of the ruins. We are both in our mid 40s and thrilled to be taking a much needed break from our hectic schedules.

If you hear of any good suggestions or recommendations regarding this cruise please email me directly at kas@cheerful.com.

Take care.

Kathy
Old January 15th, 2002, 02:28 PM
ames

Virginia -- we booked last Sunday in BD category guaranteed, whatever that means. But have not gotten cabin assignment yet, to my knowledge. Check on their website -- still just says BD GUAR. We'll let you know when we have one. you can e-mail me at waynewein@aol.com if you want. Thanks!

ames
Old January 15th, 2002, 03:01 PM
carkosh

Hi All,

My name is Carol. My husband, Jack, our 18 yr old son, Craig, his 17 yr old friend, Troy, & of course, me lol, will be going on this cruise. We also have some friends going...a couple, their 17 yr old son, Robert & hopefully one of his friends. The adults are in their late 40's & I'm a little older lol (I'll be a very young 51 the week before the cruise).

Jack & I have been on 16 cruises, Craig has been on 2 with us, first time for the rest of the group. (Our oldest son has his college break the week before so he has to miss this cruise.)

We are booked in a suite on Caribe Deck & the boys are in an inside across the hall. If you see 2 teenagers constantly on the basketball court they will probably be Craig & Troy lol.
Old January 15th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi All
Just thought I would let you know I was able to access the excursions this morning on Princess website. and booked my excursions at all the stops. There isn't any info on the site except for where and what time each excursions stops. Detailed info on each tour is suppose to be in the Cruise documents we get. But I heard that is about 2 weeks before the cruise before you get those documents.
Old January 15th, 2002, 04:45 PM
ames

Virginia -- we've decided not to sign up for excursions. I know this is risky, but we're not much into water sports (although I love to snorkel and will try to convince my husband to try it) and would prefer not to be on a tour with a lot of people. Our TA told us we can take the ferry in Cozumel to the mainland and then a taxi to the ruins for a lot less than shipboard price. And there are plenty of guides that will take us stingray snorkeling and are usually easy to find as we disembark in each port. Ever heard of Capt. Marvins?

We are on a tight budget and the shore excursion prices are just a little too high. I know we may end up not snorkeling or seeing the ruins and could end up with not much to do on shore, but I think we'll risk it.

ames
Old January 15th, 2002, 04:55 PM
ames

Am I the only one on the 3/17 Grand that doesn't have a specific cabin assignment yet? I booked BD guaranteed. My website page lists it as that -- BD Guar -- but no cabin number. Should I be concerned?
Old January 16th, 2002, 03:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't think so, because when I booked mine I actually booked cabin 702 on the Baja deck. so I booked a room not a catagory. then later I told my TA that I would accept upgrades, and was upgraded to 702 on the Carib deck about a month later. I have heard of people not knowing what room they had till they got to port. But you did book a BD catagory and that is what my first room catagory was. And from everything I have read you should always book the catagory you would be happy in just in case you don't get a upgrade. I would just keep checking princess website to see if it is added soon.

I am getting so excited about going now. I have been checking cruisemates for the last 6 months since I booked and there was never anyone that was going at the same time as us. so it is good to see other people are now looking for info and getting as excited as us about going.
you can email me direct if you would like at virginia@stitzer.net