Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Teach

Default Shampoo

Dose? Princess Provide shampoo on the Royal? It's been a while since we sailed Princess and my wife and I can't remember. Also have the instituted personal choice dining on the Royal? I read some where that not every ship in the fleet had it yet.( getting itchy to go again) Teach thiis the second time posting this I can"t find the one from yesterday listed. This seems to happen to me often. I wonder what I"m doing wrong.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Shampoo

Hi Teach,
A few weeks ago on Golden they did provide shampoo, conditioner, and hand and body lotion. They were always replenished as needed, never had to ask. I would assume that Royal would also provide them. On our first Princess cruise, there were robes in the cabin when we arrived, now you have to ask for them, which I did and received almost instantly, same with pool towels, always clean ones were there replacing the wet ones everyday.

As for your posts, you may want to check the box at the bottom and any responses to your posts will be in your e-mail. That way you won't have to go through the whole board to find if you have any replies, should help.

PS: I thought the "crab" was cute, not calling you one :-)
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old January 17th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi Teach,

Only one dining room on the Royal (my favorite Princess ship), however they have a pizzeria and since the Horizon Court becomes Le Bistro at night, a full sitdown full service restaurant that you don't need reservations for, 24 hour alternative dining is always available. Enjoy the most beautiful ship afloat, she's unique.

Carole
Old January 17th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Teach,

Princess has not announced plans to introduce "personal choice dining" aboard MV Royal Princess, MV Crown Princess, MV Regal Princess, or MV Pacific Princess, and I really don't expect the company to do so. These ships have only one main dining room and limited alternative restaurants, so arrangements for "anytime seating" or "open seating" would be much more complicated than on the newer vessels, where one or two main dining rooms offer such an arrangement while the other(s) retain traditional first and second seating.

The only alternative restaurant aboard MV Royal Princess is the Lido Cafe, which now operate on a 24x7 basis just like the Horizon Court on Princess's newer vessels. Around 5:30 PM, one (usually the starboard) side of the Lido Cafe becomes a pizzeria with sit-down table service. Around 9:30 or 10:00, the other side shifts to the bistro operation with sit-down table service just like the Horizon Court on the newer vessels.

Norm.