Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2002, 11:20 AM
ames

Default How often should I bug TA for upgrade/lower price

I've heard that unless your TA notes on our booking that you would be willing to accept an upgrade, there's no chance you'd get one. Isn't that a no-brainer for a TA? I'm afraid I would insult mine if I called and asked her "did you note on my record that I'd be willing to accept an upgrade."

How often should I bug her about upgrades and/or lower prices? Our March cruise is paid in full and we're in BD Guar. I'm checking Princess website for cabin assignment almost daily. So far, no specific cabin, only Category: BD and Cabin: Guar

Is Uniglobe the best place to find out if fares have gone down in a certain category so I can call TA?
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2002, 11:35 AM
First Mate

Default Re: How often should I bug TA for upgrade/lower pr

You booked a guarantee so it is inherent you are willing to accept an upgrade. I use Uniglobe for monitoring prices, but I don't bug my TA unless I see a price reduction... then I'm on it like a shot!
Old January 18th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Passenger

good advice. Additionally, you will not see your cabin assignment on the Princess website until about 2 weeks prior to your cruise -- and you may not see it then! Sometimes, you don't get assigned until you check in at the dock. Roll of the dice.

That being said, we always go with ROS guarantee. Only been unhappy once, and that was on RCCL, and to their credit, they did try to rectify the problem. Unfortunately, the ship was nearly full, and we still ended up with two single beds that could not be moved together. Bumble Bee wrote:
>
> You booked a guarantee so it is inherent you are willing to
> accept an upgrade. I use Uniglobe for monitoring prices, but
> I don't bug my TA unless I see a price reduction... then I'm
> on it like a shot!
Old January 18th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ames,
You also have to consider that you are cruising at a "high" season time for cruises, spring break time, so most ships will be full, unless you get really lucky, chances are that you will get a cabin in the catagory that you are guaranteed, but you just never know. You can always have your travel agent see if there is an open cabin in a higher catagory and then just pay for it??? I'm sure your balcony cabin will be wonderful, we too just did a guarantee on Golden and just got the catagory that we were guaranteed, but its always worth a try, good luck.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old January 19th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I agree that one's willingness to accept an upgrade with a "guarantee" reservation should be inherent; however, you should check anyway. I had booked a category M on the Grand (2/17/02 sailing), and when I called Princess to find out if I had a cabin assignment yet, they told me that the box that said "no upgrades" was checked. I called my TA and he didn't really believe me... I made him check and sure enough the box was in fact checked; he immediately took it off and apologized. Since then we've been assigned our cabins -- we're still in an inside cabin, but have moved from the Plaza deck to the Baja deck... not too shabby. Maybe we'll be upgraded further between now and when the ship sails. It's kind of fun to dream about where you might end up.

Oh... also, we booked two cabins on this guarantee, and we're right next to each other -- I was very pleased with that.

Good luck!
Old January 20th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Passenger

We booked BC guarantee and last week I checked Princess web site and found that we were assigned to BB with a cabin number.
Ocean Princess - March 20th...
Old January 22nd, 2002, 10:05 AM
Henry

How do you check the Princess WEB site. Will it show cabin changes and lower price?
We have 5 cabins booked [BB / A602,A604,Etc.(2/cabin)] for Panama Canal on 15 Apr.2002.

Also, what is the group pay-back for this group size?