Different tastes are what makes life interesting. I, for my part, hate heavily chlorinated fresh water pools, and will take the salt pools (guess what kind of water I'll be swimming in when I go to the beach at one of the islands on our itinerary). If the salt buildup is a problem, there are usually fresh water showers readily available poolside.
I'm sensitive to chlorine (my eyes burn for hours afterward) and won't go to any public pools at home for that reason. However, I have NEVER had a problem on a Princess ship... and can't remember smelling any chlorine. If they do use chlorine, it is in very small amounts. Perhaps they use ozone?
I used to maintain pools. One of the misconceptions is that if you can smell chlorine, there is too much chlorine in the water. The fact is it is just the opposite. The chemical reaction in the pool with the bacteria is what is causing the chlorine smell. If you smell chlorine, you can be sure that there is not enough chlorine in the water and you will have some eye irratation.