Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Sea Princess tips????

Well we are 19 days and counting for our Jan 23rd trip on the Sea to the Mexican Riviera -- our 6th cruise in a year-and-a-half!

So to all those who have been on her, any tips of shows not to miss, entrees that we must try or hints to make the trip even more enjoyable???

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Harry Martin
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Sea Princess tips????

If you like comedy, don’t miss the comedy juggler “Dan Bennett”. I was expecting another boring juggling act and was pleasantly supprised by this act. This guy is hilarious. He talks so rapidly while he juggles that you sometimes miss the punch line.
We were on the 7-day trip last November and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good weather, good food and interesting ports.
Have a ball.
Regards,
Cliff
Old February 6th, 2002, 02:27 PM
seagarsmoker

On the Plaza deck, across from the Pursers Office is a great coffee bar (they make it by the pot) and usually have decent pastries. This is where I go in the mornings for fresh coffee. Sit there long enough and you'll find out this is where most of the cruise staff (Ship officers, hotel managers, and hired entertainers) stops by for coffee. Also a good place to find things out about a particular port. Have a great cruise, we'll be on the Sea in 24 days for the second time.
Old February 6th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Beginner

Do they charge for service at this coffee bar? I was told that they charge for specialty coffees. Holland America's Java Bar is all free--cookies and pastries, too.
Old February 8th, 2002, 07:48 AM
seagarsmoker

o they charge for service at this coffee bar?
For regular or decaf coffee, they do not charge. My point on this was simple, they make coffee by the pot at this location instead of the 'syrup' kind found just about everywhere else. I did get an email from a one of the Princess staff memebers that said the wheelhouse bar also makes coffee by the pot.
: I was told that they charge for specialty coffees.
Yes they do charge.
:Holland America's Java Bar is all free- cookies & pastries, too.
Cookies & pastries are free at this location.
Old February 8th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Thanks for all the great tips so far! I just re-read my original message and mistakenly said January. We are actually leaving Feb. 23rd. We opted for Personal Choice this time -- mainly to avoid the schedule of being somewhere at a specific time. I do like how they repeat shows on this excursion -- I was always missing shows because of times they started on our trip in January on RCI. Time to start getting this together -- 15 days and counting
Harry
Old February 10th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with not missing Dan Bennet - a different type of comedy act. Skip the hypnotist and see the dancers. (If Rodney the comedian is still on board, don't miss him either. And if he is take a pair of boxer shorts to the show. Throw them on stage - you'll know when.) Don't miss the London Pub Night and absolutely don't miss the Mexican Fiesta party on deck. Let's see, oh, don't miss the pool olympics, they are a kick.

Other important things to do - throw Paul, one of the assistant cruise directors, in the pool. Line dance with Jodie. Work out with Robert - aka Arnold the Austrian terminator - in the gym. Two for one pina colodas or daiquiris in the wheelhouse on one night. Two for one margaritas on another.

You can skip the mexican buffet - it wasn't. Have prime rib the first night and steak the second night. Italian night was good. We missed French night. Crab legs were good and lobster was excellent.

Have fun.
Old February 10th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Thanks Charles for the great tips! I am gonna print 'em all out before we leave.

Harry
Old February 11th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Audrey

I was on the Sea in JAN she is the greatest and I wrote a review so if you want more ideas you can read it. Paul was getting off the ship the week our cruise ended and after a vacation was going on to the Golden. The have a great staff and cruise director and a lot of fun things to day. In fact you can't do them all. We were on the Dawn in July and them had the same shows but I enjoyed seeing them a second time anyhow. I can't remember when you said you were going but if mark is still there say Hi to him for Audrey and Julie. I have to email him to say hi myself soon. Have a wonderful cruise I know I enjoyed it.
Old February 11th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Willl do on saying "hello" ... and, yes, I did read your great reviews. Thanks for posting it!

And many thanks for the great tips!

Harry
Old February 12th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Harry,

My review should be up soon in the review area.
Old February 12th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Gonna check now and keep checking till it's there -- thanks for the heads-up

Harry