Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Parking

We are going on the "grand" March 10 and will be driving..Any info on the parking..cost, location..we are coming from the Carolina's & visiting family in Ft. Lauderdale..not sure where in Ft. Lauderdale we will be needing to go..so any info will be appreciated..Becky
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Parking

Hi Becky:

Here's some info for you.

This website will help you:

http://www.co.broward.fl.us/poi01400.htm

We called and parking is $10 per day and they accept VI, MC, AX.

I cut and pasted this from another question:

Princess generally, NOT always, berths at Pier 2, at the North Port Garage. It is really quite convenient. Best way to do it... get a Porter to take you and your bags to the garage elevator. Tip the porter... take the elevator up to the level your car is parked on... one of you stay with the bags and the other get the car and drive it over to load up. Taking the car out of the garage and trying to make a pier side pickup makes no sense and will take forever. This is the best way to do it!

We sail from FLL on April 5th. Can't wait! Enjoy your cruise!

Angela
Old February 13th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Admiral

The quoted post was from me in answer to a question about the best way to LEAVE if you have a car parked in the North Port Garage at PEV. On the way IN, however, do NOT go up the ramp into the garage. Rather, stay a bit to the right, go down and under, towards the pier baggage reception area. Leave your bags there with the waiting longshoremen and drop any other passengers in your car. Turn around and exit, back away from the pier. As you get out into the daylight, stay to your left... you'll see a U turn lane. Take it, pass through the Parking toll booths and park. Elevators take you down to the street level where you can meet up with your people and proceed to check in. It is very convenient and easy to do... with a bare minimum of effort.

Ernie
Old February 13th, 2002, 11:20 AM
jp garnier

I have used the garage in Lauderdale a number of times and my experience is that one cannot use a porter to go the garage and that in fact, from the boarding area one usually has to take a shuttle bus. Note that Princess sometimes does not return to the same pier as the departure. I usually have a porter take the luggge to the area designated as a vehicle pick up and leave my lady with it while I go get the car. The alternative is to take the luggage on the shuttle. JP
Old February 13th, 2002, 10:26 PM
Admiral

At pier 2, where the Grand/Golden virtually always dock... you can have the porter take you to the elevator entrance.... 50 feet away from where they exit the customs area. They all know it. They drop you at the elevator and you take your baggage up to the level where you left your car. There is no shuttle involved to the North Port Garage... which is adjacent to Pier 2. The only shuttle is to pier 18... the new pier used mainly by Celeb... and the ONLY pier at PEV that requires a shuttle from any garage.