Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2002, 10:27 AM
BillG

Default Where Does Dawn Princess Dock in San Juan?

I understand that Dawn Princess does not dock at the piers in Old San Juan, but does she dock at the Pan American Pier which is near the Isla Grande airport or at Frontier Pier. If it is at the Frontier Pier, where is that located in relation to Old San Juan?
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Where Does Dawn Princess Dock in San Juan?

The Dawn Princess docks at the Frontier Pier, some of the Celebrity and RCI ships dock at the Pan American Pier.

The Frontier is across from the Pan American Pier, I'd say less than 3 miles from Old San Juan.
Old February 15th, 2002, 12:38 PM
BillG

Thanks for the information. Would that put it over near Cataņo? We have taken the ferry there from Old San Juan when we wanted to tour the Bacardi Plant. I think this time we'll stick with Princess' transfers from the Wyndham Old San Juan. Nine weeks and counting.
Old February 15th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

How far from the airport does the Dawn dock. Going 16 Mar on Southern. First time Princess cruiser. Got accidentally stuck with personal choise dining. Should I try to change it???
Old February 15th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Admiral

It isn't really that much farther than the other ships are docked in terms of time to get there.

As far as personal choice, since you can reserve the time, etc you wish, it wouldn't be that bad, especially if you are with a group.
Old February 15th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kris,
A good half an hour taxi/bus ride from airport to the pier.
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 17th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Passenger

Going on the Dawn Princess 4/6/02 and are booked to stay at the Hotel Milano on the 5th. We selected that hotel because of its proximity to the piers. Now I am reading here that the Dawn doesn't dock there. Does anyone know how much further the Dawn's dock is from Hotel Milano?\
Also, anyone have opinions about Hotel Milano?
Old February 18th, 2002, 01:17 PM
BillG

If you don't know if you will like personal choice, try to change it before you sail. If you are successful you can always try personal choice while you are on board and decide which is better for you. The thing is that those who have traditional dining can exercise the option to try personal choice once, or as often as they wish, but those who are assigned personal choice cannot try traditional.
Old February 21st, 2002, 03:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks to all for the info. Princess said Im SOL. Cant change from PC dining to traditional even tho my TA had requested it. Too far down on the wait list. I've heard horror stories about long lines for PC and dont really want it, but guess Im stuck.
Old February 22nd, 2002, 02:09 PM
Passenger

We are also going on the April 6 Dawn sailing although my husband does'nt know this yet. It is a surpris for his 40th b-day. I've handled all of the arrangrments. We are staying at the Condado Plza Hotel. How far is ti from where the Dawn docks? I'm not telling my husband anything about the cruis until the last possible minute, so I really need to be able to tell the cab driver where to go. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Thanks a million, and hope to see you there. Chancery3