CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   4 people in a mini suite (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/222574-4-people-mini-suite.html)

jerry February 20th, 2002 01:54 PM

4 people in a mini suite

Has anyone stayed in a mini suite on Grand or Golden with two couples? If so, would you recommend it? Is there a curtain between the bedroom and the sitting area with the sofa bed? How about storage space? Probably would be tight quarters but if the price is right.
Thanks

ErnieMCC February 21st, 2002 08:52 AM

Re: 4 people in a mini suite

The very significant problem for many, unless you are extremely close with the other couple, is that you have only one bathroom. The people in the main sleeping area must pass through the sitting area with the pull out bed to get to the toilet at night, too. Dressing for dinner can become a nightmare, in fact dressing at any time can become a problem undertaking. It really doesn't work at all.

A better suggestion... one couple take a mini suite or regular veranda cabin and the other take a nearby inexpensive inside and share the pleasure of the balcony during the day. I'd think long and hard about two adult couples sharing a cabin.

MamaTene February 21st, 2002 09:06 AM

Just returned from Golden Princess in Mini Suite E726 and I have to agree..no way would I share with another couple. There is no curtain between the sitting area and the sleeping area. While the room in large and has much storage space, I truly dont think 4 adults would be comfortable and "romantic time" would suffer!

Sue & Bill February 21st, 2002 09:51 AM

I thought most rooms were limited on the capacity. Quad rooms are available but I don't think they are the suites.

Kathy February 21st, 2002 01:35 PM

I'm currious - How much are you saving here? Don't the 3rd and 4th person have to be children to get a reduced rate? Forget about the money - this idea could cost you your friendship.

Lucy February 21st, 2002 02:01 PM

My main concern is the bathroom. One person can stink up the bathroom. Four persons??? I remember my roomie on my last cruise asking me if I had to use the bathroom because she was planning to stink it up. I would say "no" go ahead. She was very considerate of me. Tacky problem to consider but true.

jerry February 22nd, 2002 10:43 AM

The mini suites on Dolphin and Emerald decks will hold 4 people.

the brochure lists 3rd and 4th person fares. Does not specify

children only. The fares are an employee discount. Thinking it

over it probably was not such a good idea. Just a thought.

Kenny C.A. February 22nd, 2002 02:15 PM

Hi Jerry. Think of the other possibilities like loud snoring, passing gas in the room, half naked bodies while getting dressed.
Tacky stuff to talk about but true. I once had three roommates in a hotel room. At 4a.m. in the morning, one of the roomie's was making a loud noise eating a pear. The other roomie said "what are you doing? The other roomie said, "I am eating a pear so I can have a B.M. this morning.' In the morning, one of the roomie's decided to take a long relaxing bath which I thought was very inconsiderate. I had to find a public bathroom in the morning and during the day. So, Jerry, these are just the tip of the iceburg stuff that can happen.

Shar February 23rd, 2002 12:00 PM

Hi!
We had an aft mini on Dawn (536 sq feet) and we had an additional adult with us. The reduced rate is for anyone. In our case, there was a separate hallway to the dual bathroom. You had a toilet and sink in one room and a doorway through to a sink and jacuuzi tub. We also had a full curtain that could be drawn between us. Since the additional adult was my sister-in-law, it was more tolerable - and it was the only way we could affort it. We split the entire cost three ways. The hide-a-bed couch was smaller than a double bed, so I don't think two adults would be very comfortable. Also, the mattress on it was awful (more like an exercise pad). As soon as my sis saw it, she insisted on a real mattress. Our room stewardess suggested she wait until the following evening, but was very accommodating and came up with it while we were out for the evening show.

Shar