Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2002, 12:42 PM
First Mate

Default We'll soon be paying for coffee on Princess

The Princess website had a poll asking -
"Would you like to see a Gourmet Coffee Shop onboard where you could purchase premium coffee drinks?"
Currently, the results are 55.4% "Yes" and 44.6% "No".
I know the coffee in the Horizon Court is disgusting, but presently one can get a decent cup of fresh-brewed at the Patisserie for free (they do charge for cappuchino & expresso). However, based on the poll, it won't be long until the Patisserie is franchised to Starbucks and we'll all be paying $3.50 for a regular coffee because "That's what pax want"... just like ice cream!
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2002, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: We'll soon be paying for coffee on Princess

Celebrity has the Kova Cafe on all it's ships now and quite frankly they are a place I find myself once or twice each day at sea. You do pay for coffee tea and expresso, cappacino etc here but it is fresh brewed , waiter served etc. I don't mind. I think Princess is looking to go the same way. You can still get coffee for free 24/7 in the buffet area , dining rooms and room service. This is in addition to that and for premium product. I have no problem with it.
Ok now everbody jump all over me.
Old February 21st, 2002, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Just like on the Millennium and her sisters, have to pay for that gourmet coffee, and just like the ice cream bar, I don't need it.
Old February 21st, 2002, 01:47 PM
seagarsmoker

I wouldn't mind it. Agree with your comments about the coffee at the Patisserie - my morning hang out. I'll bet you a nice cold adult beverage in five years or less, some major cruise line (or lines) will offer basically a floating hotel that you pay for almost everything once you get onboard. Look at how much it's changed in the last five years and think about today, then list changes that could take place in the future - it's easy to see. On the other hand, prices have been reduced from this policy. We're going on the Sea Princess on March 2 for less than a third of what we paid to go on RCI SOS almost ten years ago. Actually every cruise we've gone on has been cheaper each time we've gone since that one. I'm excluding airfare since our cruises have left from different cities. Just MHO and hopefully everything will continue in that direction.
Old February 21st, 2002, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I will do what ever it takes to get "real" coffee on my Golden Princess cruise including bringing along a small coffee pot for the cabin and also purchasing the "brewed" (as opposed to the coffee concentrate that they use) while on our trip. Good coffee is important to me at home and on vacation! I know, I know, it seems like just a small thing, but I love my coffee!
Old February 21st, 2002, 03:38 PM
First Mate

I take my own coffee pot with me on every cruise. I love good coffee. HAL and Celebrity have good coffee bars. I still take mine with me. I would not mind paying for Coffee on Princess if it were good coffee. I think the free days are over. Keep in mind the prices we are paying. They are alot lower then years past. The only ones that are paying the same amount are the Suite People. Im taking Grand Vista Penthouse Suites. Not Mini Suites on Grand,Golden,Star. Those Mini suite prices have went way down to. We cant have it both ways. Cheap Cruises and all the perks of a Luxury cruise.

Michael
Old February 21st, 2002, 05:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Bill,
I'm with you on this one. I guess if you really want that gourmet coffee we'll have to dig into our wallets for it, but if not, we can do without it.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 22nd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Is there an extra charge for someone actually agreeing with me about something and where would you like it sent?
Bill