CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   I'm confused (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/222580-im-confused.html)

Kathy February 21st, 2002 01:58 PM

I'm confused

Are you charged for eating at all the places, BUT the dining room?

CruiseAholic February 21st, 2002 02:56 PM

Re: I'm confused

You aren't really 'charged', but many of the alternative restaurants, where you go sit down and eat and are served, charge a cover charge, which is essentially for tips.

Kathy February 21st, 2002 03:24 PM

Okay, thanks! was a little puzzling.

Bill February 21st, 2002 05:17 PM

There is absolutely no reason to spens an extra nickel onboard for food. I spent 10 days on Ocean Princess in November. We ate pizzas in the pizzaria, many meals and snacks in the fabulous 24 hour Horizon Court (food often as good or better than dining room),
hamburgers and such at the grill, several room service meals or snacks and ate in the traditional dining room. I can't even imagine why you would bother to go to one of the other restaurants and pay for it.

Donna February 21st, 2002 05:17 PM

Hi Kathy,
What ship will you be cruising on? There are still some alternative place to eat where there is no charge, example, on Explorer of the seas, you can eat in the Windjammer at no charge, same on Princess in the Horizon court. Hope that helps some?
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery.../thumb3615.gif
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host

Scotts February 21st, 2002 06:29 PM

I was wondering... Do we have to pay extra for room service?
Will be sailing the golden on 03/23. 31 days and can't wait.

John & DiAnne February 21st, 2002 07:29 PM

Room service food comes along with the cruise (Free Kinda) all is expected is atip when the food arrives.
John

Donna February 21st, 2002 07:32 PM

Hi Scotts,
No, you don't have to pay any extra for room service, although the menu is limited. You will just have to tip the person who brings it a few bucks, depending on how much your order. They are great for morning wake-up calls, they will call before they bring it and you can have it ordered the night before with a certain time.

Have a good trip on Golden, enjoy!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host

Kathy February 22nd, 2002 08:42 AM

thanks bill, that was what I was referring to-the pizzaria and the 24 hour food court.
My hubby isn't wild about dressing up formally, so I was hoping we could use some alternatives.

Kathy February 22nd, 2002 08:49 AM

Hi Donna! LOL, it will be a while before we depart, as we are planning our 30th anniversary which will be Aug 2003.
I'm chomping at the bit to learn everything I can beforehand. I've found this site to be so informative.
Anyway, we definitely have decided a cruisetour with Princess in Alaska!!!! I'm so thrilled and look forward to this first cruise.
We were planning a cruise for our 25th(to the carribean) when I was struck with breast cancer, and for a long while, I had no desire for travel. So I'm really excited to be planning this cruise. I want to know every little detail about every little thing : )

Bill February 22nd, 2002 09:15 AM

If there is something you want that is not on the room service menu, ask, sometimes you can get it. To clarify the other answers, food is free as are coffee tea, iced tea , lemonade . Drinks on room service are same cost as at the bar.

Donna February 22nd, 2002 11:52 AM

Kathy,
Glad to hear you've recovered from from your breast cancer, and are looking forward to your Princess Alaska cruise, should be wonderful. When in Aug. are you going?? Its looking like I'll be on Celebrity Infinity in Aug. to Alaska. First time to Alaska, so I too am very excited.

Have a wonderful time!

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst

Kathy February 22nd, 2002 03:25 PM

Donna, Thank you!
Our anniversary is Aug 3, so we will try and get something the last of July or the first of Aug in 2003. I'm so excited, I feel like packing my bags now!! ; )