Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2002, 03:20 PM
Fay

Default Panama Canal on Royal

My husband and I are sailing on the Royal Princess on April 12th. I was wondering if anyone has cruised this ship from Ft. Lauderdale to the Panama Canal and if so how was the ship and the trip. This will be our 16th cruise but first for the Canal and first on the Royal Princess. We done the Grand before and loved this line. I hope this ship is just as great. Also, is anyone else cruising at this time? We will be cruising with three other friends. Really looking forward to our trip. We love cruising.
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2002, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Panama Canal on Royal

Have sailed the Royal Princess two times, both times on European itineraries.

You cannot compare the Royal Princess (my favorite ship out of 48 cruises, 17 Princess cruises) to the Grand Princess. They are from different time periods and styles.

The Royal, while older, is a well laid out ship, nice sized rooms, each room has a tub and there are no inside cabins. She is a great ship, with a great staff who love her.
Old February 23rd, 2002, 10:43 AM
gann

Just got off the Royal Princess last week. Took a 12 day cruise from Manaus, Brazil to Ft. Lauderdale. Was my first time on her and at this time I would have to say she is one of my favorite ships. Size is just the right size for me and she only carriers 1200 people and never seems crowded. The food, crew are great and the ride is much better than the larger ships. I went through the canal on a different cruise line, but you will love the trip and also the Royal Princess. Have a great cruise.
Don
Old February 23rd, 2002, 11:31 AM
Passenger

We did the Panama cruise on the Royal a few years back. Stayed on for 21 days. Our trip was from San Juan to Acapulco return and loved every minute of it. The ship is wonderful. Have done 20 + cruises and still think fondly of the Royal.
Old February 28th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Fay

Thanks. I really appreciate your input. Looking forward to this trip.
Old February 28th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Fay

Thanks Valerie. We're really looking forward to cruising on the Royal. I've only heard good about this ship, thus far. My husband loves this size ship.