Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default mini vs. suite

We have an offer from Princess to upgrade from a mid-ship mini-suite to an aft suite (sorrento suite) on the Dolphin deck. Is the aft suite worth the upgrade, i.e. privacy, engine noise, view, etc.?

JJ
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default correct e-mail

I listed an incomplete e-mail address on my previous post.

JJ
Old February 27th, 2002, 10:28 PM
John & DiAnne

Default Re: correct e-mail

Yes go for it. Do Not Hesitate...
John
Old February 27th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Admiral

I cannot think of a reason in the world not to do it. You are no where near the engines or anything else that would be a bother.
Old February 27th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Mike Mastellar

As the slogan of a prominent shoe company says:

Just Do It.

You will love it.

Take Care;
Mike
Monday Chat Host
Old February 28th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks guys. I appreciate the replies. We're gonna do it.....
JJ
Old February 28th, 2002, 04:34 PM
First Mate

We had mid-ship mini-suite on Golden & met some people who had regular room, but aft w/ balcony. After seeing that I would give up the mini-suite for an aft w/ balcony. Their balcony was very large, totally private (although I'm not sure how much sun it got) & the views of sunsets, leaving ports would be spectacular. have a great cruise.
Old March 9th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: mini vs. suite

Yes - you should do it. There are more perks in a suite vs a mini. You will have your fridge stocked with liquor, soda and water. This is done only once. If there is something you don't care for, have it replaced with what you would like.
You can have room service and order off the dining room menu.
You will also receive snacks delivered to your room each afternoon about 5:00.
The decks are great. They are larger and you don't get the wind that the side cabins get. Depending on the time of day, you can actually sun on your deck.
You will be invited to wait in your cabin to disembark.
Old March 14th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Hawaii Bound

We had an aft mini-suite on the Sea Princess and loved that, so we can only imagine what an aft suite would be like. I'd take that offer without hesitation.
Old July 24th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Yeoman

I am assuming that you have returned from your cruise and had a wonderful time! I am copying a letter that I posted recently with the hopes that you can answer many of my questions too! Thank you. Linda...

I am so thrilled to find someone that has sailed on the Sun Princess in a mini suite! I have been on the Ocean Princess with a balcony cabin, however, for our 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise on November 26, 2002, we really splurged on a mini suite on the baja deck. We really enjoy seeing the wake in the back of the ship, so we took and aft mini category AB on the Baja deck. We toured them on the Ocean Princess and fell in love. My question is this: do you remember seeing the aft mini cabins on the Sun Princess? Specifically, the baja deck, because it seems that they are all different sizes, in fact, they are 150 sq ft larger than the category AC. If so, can you recall if they have more of a two room feel to them, or seem like only one large room with a curtain? The reason I ask is that it seems with the Sun, Princess had placed the aft-minis in the center of the back of the ship. However, on the Ocean, they are placed to the left and right of center. I know it seems picky, but we just want to make sure we choose the most perfect cabin. Thanks for you help.
Linda