Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2002, 09:55 AM
First Mate

Default smart casual dress code

Capri pants have already been discussed, and the no jeans ruling. BUT, what about nice linen pants that are made to look like jeans? I have several pairs fromTalbots and wear them as casual dress here in Florida. Do you think they are too casual for cruising?
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2002, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: smart casual dress code

Gloria,

Most gentlemen wear a shirt with a collar and dress slacks (sweaters and sportcoats optional) and most ladies wear either a cocltail dress or a dressy blouse with either a skirt or dress slacks (sweaters and wraps optional). Overall, the ladies seem to be dressing very nicely. You probably would feel out of place in the sort of pants that you describe.

Norm.
Old March 7th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Admiral

I disagree. We just got back from 10 tdays on Sun. People dress in suits and dressy dresses on teh two formal nights, but all other nights were smart casual. We will see everything, but very few jackets. Lots of docker type pants with nice blouses. Jeans are out, but it seems that most anyhing else goes. KG
Old March 7th, 2002, 07:33 AM
First Mate

Karen, Thanks for your post. I agree with you---we were on the Grand last year in April and formal nights were formal to semi-formal, but the other nights were just ordinary clothes: dockers & polos & sports shirts for men, just about anything except denim for women (casual dresses, pants outfits. etc). I have decided against taking my linen pants cut like jeans because linen wrinkles so badly, not because I feel they would be inappropriate. (They are just as suitable as khakis).