Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Passports??

Hello all...
Was wondering if i need a passport or what exactly do i need??
We are going to the eastern caribbein on march 23 2002.

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Scott

BTW anyone else going?? on the golden 3/23/02
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Passports??

A passport is not needed - only a certified birth certificate.

But if you have a passport - I would bring it! I won't leave the country without one since 9/11/02. Everything is so much easier and more official with it.
Old March 5th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Scotts,
Totally agree with Theresa about passports, if you don't have one and would like to apply for one, here is some info:

<http://travel.state.gov/passport_easy.html>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 5th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Carole Dunham

Me too. We sailed from New York the night of Sept. 10th. While we were in Canada our wonderful neighbors to the north tookvery special care of us, but returning to the US could have been a huge ordeal. As it was, security was especially tight. My passport took me quickly through parts of it. Wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Carole
Old March 5th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just went with our 8 yo son and I had even gotten him a passport - it was VERY smooth with them. The reviewers barely even looked at them and just handed them back. Well worth the money.
Old March 5th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Scott,

For travel within North America and the Caribbean, the Bahamas, and Bermuda, U. S. citizens must present the following.

>> 1. Proof of citizenship

>> 2. Proof of identity

A passport is the only document that satisfies both requirements. As a bonus, you also can use a passport as identification when boarding domestic flights.

If you don't have a passport, you can use either (1) an official birth certificate (with raised seal) issued by your state or local governmetn or (2) an official naturalization certificate (with seal) as proof of citizenship. Note that neither a birth certificate issued by a hospital nor a baptismal certificate are acceptable.

For proof of identity, you can present any official identification issued by a government agency that bears your photograph, including a driver's license, a voter ID card, a military ID card, an employee ID or "credentials" issued by a government agency, or even an identification card issued by a state college or univiersity. Note that an identification card issued by a private employer or by a private college or university is not acceptable.

Norm.
Old March 8th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Natonya

Hi Scott,

You don't need a passport but I would recommend one. It's easier and quicker and it's a universal document that immigration understands. Diffferent looking birth certificates from different states without the proper raised seal may make life difficult especially after 9/11. As a matter of fact my husband and I have birth certificates from the same state and they both look different.

If you pay a little extra you can have one expedited in time for your cruise. Besides you never know when you will see a great travel deal to a place the requires one!

Natonya
Grand Princess 9/23/01
Golden Princess 11/30/02