CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Is Ocean Princess really leaving the fleet? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/222678-ocean-princess-really-leaving-fleet.html)

Jason March 9th, 2002 05:42 PM

Is Ocean Princess really leaving the fleet?

Is it? That's strange. They just got it.

Theresa March 9th, 2002 08:06 PM

Re: Is Ocean Princess really leaving the fleet?

Yes she is!

It is sad. She is going to P&O's - Princess' parent company to become the new Oceania or someething like that cruising through Europe. Apparently cruising is taking off big time for Europeans.

So it is all staying in the family. I am just sad that I won't have a chance to sail her - I loved her sister "Sea Princess".

I wish they would send the Sun over because she is older. Oh well.

Jason March 9th, 2002 08:50 PM

That's right. You would think they would hand over Sun Princess being the oldest "new" ship.

Patti.R March 10th, 2002 07:10 AM

We are sailing on the Oceana in November from Port Everglades around the Caribbean for two weeks. We have a cabin on the Riviera deck which is now to be called the Lido deck and with the flight from Manxchester is will cost about $2500, does this seem a good deal?

Jason March 10th, 2002 12:55 PM

That sounds like a great deal to me. For two weeks, air, transfers, and a room high up with a balcony that sounds great. It's a wonderful ship. You'll love it

Gloria March 12th, 2002 07:09 AM

I agree! It sounds like a great deal if that price is for 2.

David Starkey March 12th, 2002 10:00 AM

Keep in mind taking a P&O ship is NOT the same as Princess. (yes I know they are the same company, but)The staff for P & O has a large amont of Indians and other staff from that part of the world. Also the food and menu's and how it is prepaired is much different than Princess. I am not putting down P & O, but to North Americans it is not the same product as Princess.
I have been on several "British" ships and enjoyed them, but many of the activities and food favorites are different than what you will find on ships sailing based in North America.
As long as you undestand P&O caters to different tastes than Princess you will be fine.

Patti.R March 12th, 2002 02:25 PM

thankgoodness for that

seagarsmoker March 14th, 2002 02:45 PM

We were on the Sea Princess last week, and at the Captains cocktail party for past Princess passengers, he said the following. The Ocean Princess was traded to P&O for the Grand IV (name yet unknown) that P&O has on order. He said the market for the states were better suited for the larger ships. We also got a peak of info on board concerning the Coral - layout is nice and basically a Sun Class ship with another deck added. Bookings are going better than expected according to the onboard Princess salesperson with many dates already half or more filled rooms.

Hucc March 27th, 2002 10:48 AM

Oh, maybe the unnamed ship is a smaller size and will replace the Pacfic Princess on the Bermuda sailings next year (in 2004)?

Hucc March 27th, 2002 10:48 AM

next year, 2003, I meant