Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2002, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Default Ft. Lauderdale Pre-cruise Hotels

Does anyone have any favorite pre-cruise hotels in Ft. Lauderdale? We've been bidding through priceline on the Mariott and Westin resorts, but haven't been successful thus far... so any suggestions for other good places for 2 pre-cruise nights would be super.

Also since the Grand doesn't go to Key West we were thinking about heading down that way for 2 nights instead of staying in FLL... has anyone done that? Any negatives of doing a pre-cruise Key West stay?
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2002, 08:52 PM
gann

Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale Pre-cruise Hotels

I bid on Priceline $100 and got the Embassy Suites. They are very nice and you get a cook to order breakfast. You have a bedroom and living room. We could see the top of the Royal Princess from the room. I was stationed at Key West for nearly 3 years in the Navy and it has been 50 years, but I can tell you that the drive down the Keys is very beautiful. From Ft. Lauderdale it is probably a little over 200 miles if my memory is correct. The Island is only about 4 miles by 3 miles and you can walk from the Gulf to the Atlantic without any trouble. There are several things to see and wish I could tell you more about the Island, but its been too long since I was stationed there. Some of the Cruise Ships come into the old Navy base. The Navy has long pulled out of Key West. Wish you luck.
Don
Old March 26th, 2002, 06:25 PM
rottawa

We just got back from our cruise and stayed at the Westin beforehand. The Westin is a beautiful hotel but it is not near anything and I mean anything. It is a longer Cab ride to the pier as well. The Mariott is much closer to the pier and restaurants, liquior stores etc.
Old March 27th, 2002, 08:03 PM
First Mate

We just stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader pre and post cruise. Very nice.... no complaints.
Old March 31st, 2002, 10:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

For our Post cruise hotel we stayed at the new Renassiance Hotel. A beautiful hotel but was a little expensive. We booked it as a Princess post cruise package. The hotel is only a block from where the Grand was docked. Later that night we walked up to the draw bridge that overlooks the port and watched the Grand Depart again for another cruise. The hotel is walking distance to alot of stores and resturants. We enjoyed our stay there.
Our pre cruise hotel was the Airport Hilton. It was nice but we had to rent a cab to get anywhere. We did get upgraded to a suite when we checked in, for no apparent reason other than my husband is tall and the clerk said he needed a bigger bed. That was a real plus. It is also alot cheaper than the Renassiance was.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 11:23 PM
Tom Wodarczak

We have sailed with Princess 3 time and 2 of those times we stayed at the Embassy Suites. Had a great time. We are sailing with Celebrity later this year and we to bid on Priceline.com and got a room at the Embassy Suites for $60.00 a night.