Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Familiar Face

Default Princess vs Celebrity

Just thought some of you might like to know that we just got back from a cruise with Celebrity's highly touted Infinity. Well, we cruised on the Ocean Princess last March and much preferred the Ocean Princess. The food on Infinity was a huge let down as was their regimented serving hours. We will be switching back to Princess for our next cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Princess vs Celebrity

Hi Formula1,
I do also agree that the 24 hours Horizon Court is great! I also love the fresh water in the pools too. I still have to give Celebrity a try, just to compare for myself :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 6th, 2002, 09:43 AM
dsawyer

Hi everyone -
I tried it (Celebrity) and I'm glad I did. However, Princess is my choice wholeheartedly!
Old April 7th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Sharron

We've done Celebrity five times and loved it every time; the food is out of this world and their Aquaspa is hard to beat.....Celebrity's discos leave much to be desired, I think. DJ's tend to be European and seem to play only Euro-techno-stuff. The best discos I've found are on Royal Caribbean. We're going on Sun Princess on May 10th for a three-night cruise SF to Vancouver. Does anyone have experience in Princess' discos? I have closed down the disco at 3 a.m. on every RCCL cruise I've ever been on.....their DJ's are the coolest. Any info is appreciated.

p.s. We got a balcony upgrade on the Sun Princess. This is our first Princess cruise, so what should we expect? Thanks a ton everybody......Sharron
Old April 8th, 2002, 09:28 AM
RichH

We've done both Celebrity and Princess and found that Celebrity is very full of itself. Pretentious is the word we finally decided describes their attitude. To charge for capuchino at dinner is beyond belief. They were so low key that no one knew when anything was happening unless you carried the newsletter around with you. Food was OK, but nothing like what they advertise.
Old May 5th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Sanrra

We have recently cruised on the Celebrity Century. Last year we cruised on the Ocean Princess. I was disapointed with the Celebrity cruise. The Ocean Princess was a much nicer ship...We'll book Princess next time!!