Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2002, 03:05 AM
Admiral

Default April 9 Crown Princess

Hi

Is anyone else sailing April 9 on the Crown Princess?

Has anyone just gotten back from the 15 day cruise and have comments on the ports, etc.?

Thanks.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Beginner

Default Re: April 9 Crown Princess

Jane, my husband and I were on the Crown Princess from ft. Lauderdale to San Diego in January 2002. The most wonderful cruise and the Crown Princess is wonderful. The staff were the best ever. everyone at the purser desk were so friendly and helpful. Food outstanding and what a beautiful ship. Are you on the last tour that the Crown is taking before it leaves the Princess Line? The ports were went to were, but not in this order:

Cartagena - so glad we got to go there since it's no longer on itineraries. Beautiful city and architecture. We booked another trip to leave 5/2 because Cartagena was on the itinerary...

Puntaranas, Costa Rica - took the coffee tour - it was great
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Acapulco
Hautulco
Cabo San Lucas
transit thru the Canal- took many pictures. will never forget it.
Aruba - beautiful and safe - we were there a short time only so didn't take a tour

You will have the most wonderful time on the Crown. Just the right size ship!
Old April 7th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Yes, I believe this is the last cruise before the Crown is switched to P&O as I recall. I sailed on her November 1999 on a ten day round trip from Fort Lauderdale through the Gatun locks and right back out.

As you know they cancelled Cartagena but they're giving us an extra four hours in Aruba - wish it had been to the San Blas Islands. Planning on touring in Cabo to Los Arcos; Aruba to see the natural bridge and the divi trees (was there in 2000 but went shopping with a friend and Carlos and Charlies; and to Dunn's River Falls on the catamaran boat. Definitely do not plan on climbing the falls - friends on the 2000 trip did and they said they were dunked several times and it's very slippery. I'm sure though that I'll enjoy the cat boat trip and take pix of the falls.

Went to Acapulco umpteen years ago so will just go to the market ... understand there's not much in Huatulco that they're still developing it as a resort - and have no plans for Puentarenas - did the rain forest trip in Limon.

Really looking forward to sailing in 2 days!

Thanks for the reply.

Old April 8th, 2002, 11:14 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: April 9 Crown Princess

My husband & I were on the Crown March 10-25. We had a wonderful time, too. They shut down the stop in Cartegena the day after we left. Personally, I wish we had had more time in Aruba. Too many machine guns in Colombia.

Plan on every port being hot.

In Cabo, we took the snorkle catamaran. Very fun, however it left us no time to see the town or do any shopping. In Acapulco, we hired a cab for the day (settled on the rate before we took off and made sure his car was air conditioned.) He took us to the markets we heard about on the ship as well as tours of hotels, etc. In Huatulco there was a market right across from the dock. Be sure to bargain! We had lunch on the beach. It's a beautiful place and very clean. In Costa Rica, we took a river boat ride. Every tour is pretty far from where we dock. For the Panama Canal, be sure to go out on the bow of the ship on B deck. There's a secret hall to the bow that not everyone knows about. We were out there early (6 a.m.) for the first 2 locks, then went to our veranda for the transit through the lakes, then back out front for the last lock. In Jamaica, try to eat or have a drink at Evita's - beautiful scenery and great view of the ship.

There are 3 formal nights. Captain's welcome, Captain's cocktail party for repeat passengers, and Captain's farewell party. Black slacks and pretty tops are perfect. All the other nights are casual - lots of capris and sun dresses.

I wish we were leaving in 2 days! Have fun!!
Old April 8th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Char and Betty

Thanks very much for your input - printing it out to take with me. Just one more day.