Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Default Repeat cruiser discounts

Does anyone know how long it takes to start getting info from Princess for the repeat cruiser specials? When we lived in Ohio we had friends who had cruised Princess and would get info on some great specials for repeaters -- some were even 2/1. Now that we've moved to Florida & taken our first Princess cruise (Golden in January) we can't wait to go again and were wondering if they still do the repeat cruiser specials. Thanks, Nancy
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Repeat cruiser discounts

It takes several months until you start getting the mailings.

I have no justification for this, but I swear that the more you cruise on Princess, you get different offers than others.

I have been on 17 Princess cruises and get entirely different mailings than those I work with who have sailed on them, say, 2 or 3 times.
Old April 9th, 2002, 07:19 PM
David Strkey

I believe Princess "targets" certain area's or states for some(but not all) promotions.
We get something from Princess almost every 2 weeks with special offers. I cannot say for all cruise lines, but to me ,Princess does the best job of keeping previous passengers informed about special offers or sailings. (we have almost 40 cruises to our credit on many different cruise lines)
We have already booked the Golden Princess for Summer 2003 in Europe.
Old April 14th, 2002, 02:30 PM
First Mate

WE WENT ON GRAND LAST APRIL AND TO THIS DATE WE HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM PRINCESS,EVEN THOUGH WE BOOKED AGAIN FOR THIS OCTOBER.IT HAS BEEN A YEAR.
Old April 14th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Cynthia

Default Re: Re: Repeat cruiser discounts

Go to their web site and sign up for their emails. They may also have a place to sign up for mailouts; not sure about that but I do get their emails occasionally offering specials.
Old April 14th, 2002, 08:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Repeat cruiser discounts

I was also on the Grand April 2001, but did not start receiving the Captain's Circle newsletter and specials until we booked our 2nd cruise. If you think about it, you aren't a REPEAT cruiser until your 2nd cruise!! We just got back today from the Grand & it was fabulous!! Started getting the Capt Cir right after we booked that cruise.
Old May 10th, 2002, 07:41 AM
anivory

Default `Re: Re: Re: Re: Repeat cruiser discounts

Gloria

Makes since to me. I went on the Grand May, 2001 and never received anything offering
discounts after that cruise.

I called to book another one on the Dawn and I had a Capt. Circle # but never knew it.
The Dawn was sold out almost completely and they said they had ran a special for
repeat customers and I never received anything.

The theory of the repeat customer makes sense after your 2nd sailing you are considered repeat.