Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Celebrity Infinity vs Ocean Princess

As a follow up to an earlier posting, you might want to read the review we just posted under Member Reviews comparing our just completed Infinity cruise, versus last years Ocean Princess cruise. ( See Celebrity Infinity, March 23/02 ) Ocean Princess rules!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Celebrity Infinity vs Ocean Princess

Hi Formula1,
Been on Ocean and I really loved that ship. Looking forward to my Infinity cruise to Alaska, but wondering what the differences in the food actually were. I actually thought the food on Ocean was very good, but was wondering if the Celebrity food is really better??

Will go check out your review, thanks.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 9th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Infinity vs Ocean Princess

Another difference we overlooked in our review, is that on the Ocean Princess, cappucinos etc. were offered at the end of a meal in the dining room, no charge, whereas on the Infinity, when my wife ordered a cappucino after dinner, they asked for her card so that it could be charged to our account. I hope Princess stays the course with their kind of service.
Old April 10th, 2002, 08:40 AM
MikeInPgh

I wouldn't count on it. Princess had a poll on their website not long ago asking if people would be willing to pay for premium coffee.
Old April 11th, 2002, 10:22 PM
crusin dj

Default Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Infinity vs Ocean Princess

firmula1
my wife and i just got off golden, and were offered cappucino by our waiter after dinner. the cappacino, and service, were outstanding.and this was in personnal choice.
just another reason i love princess.

cruisin' dj
Old April 14th, 2002, 05:29 PM
First Mate

I have admittedly never been on a Princess cruise before, however, sailed on the Celebrity Infinity as my third cruise last Thanksgiving from my home here in San Juan.

I can say that I loved the ship, loved the cruise, but also found the food service "rules" to be ridiculous. For example, there was no ice cream to be found on the ship anywhere after dinner hours. I was told every day that it was "fresh" and whatever was not eaten had to be thrown away. Finally, a $20 bill produced ice cream one morning at breakfast (I love vanilla with cereal). Also, the fact that sodas were charged in the dining room was unbelievable, not to mention how tacky it was to be sitting there in a black Armani suit, all the while surrounded by aluminum soda cans on virtually every neighboring table.

The boat is great, but yes, get ready to be "nickle and dimed" to death. These people are going to get our money, one way or another
Old April 18th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Passenger

Isn't it fun how personal preference is so much a part of this. I have been on the Sea Princess and the Celebrity Millennium and Summit, and my experience is Celebrity is the better and rules.

Life is wonderful and so is cruising.