Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Default Pacific Princess

Anyone going on the Pacific Princess 7/25/04 saiing?
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Mary Broad

Default Re: Pacific Princess

Yes, my husband and I will be on this cruise. We will be using Princess cruise flights to and from the cruise. We understand someone had a problem on their return flight from Japan on the previous Pacific Theater cruise. We have our ticket and at this time everything seems in order for our flight on JAL to Osaka.
Will you be on that flight too??

Cheers,
Mary Broad
Old July 10th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Passenger

We are flying out on Fri(23rd) out of Atlanta on USAir and JAL. Will return on Delta nonstop. Outbound I am hoping for no problems but the track record for the flight out of Atlanta to Charlotte isn't great. If it doesn't go, there isonly one other flight to get to LA in time for the JAL flight at 1:50. Have you heard if the ship is full? There is not alot of info/reviews on this cruise or the ship. My hubby is a World War II "nut" so this is for him.

Fellow cruisers

Tina & Ken Cook
Old July 11th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Mary Broad

My husband is also a WWII history buff. His father was in this area in the war and he has wanted to see this area . You are right about not much info on this cruise. You might want to go to Cruise Critic Message board. There is a review by Starjohns, who was on this cruise in June. He is the one that had the trouble with the flying back on JAL. We will be leaving Austin on the 23rd. We fly to Dallas and then to LAX. Our TA told us that there would be 60 on board flight JAL#69 that would also be on the cruise. Let me know if you read the other message board and what you think!!
Cheers,
Mary Broad
Old July 11th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Passenger

I did find the Cruise Critic Board thru this site and there are so many topics -- hard to get it all read. Still haven't found the review by Starjohns. Will keep looking. Wish I had found CC a long time ago. So much good/interesting info. We are also on JAL 69 for the 23rd arriving 24th at 5:50 pm. Did you book the precruise thru Princess. We will be in the Rihga Royal Osaka. We went with Princess making all the flights so that if something went wrong they are responsible for getting us to the ship. Plus I couldn't find any flights that didn't cost more than what Princess booked. Just don't like how we are getting to LA. I will be biting nails till we leave Charlotte on time. We are on deck 7 #7111.
Did you book any of the shoreex thru Princess. We did one for each island. I know nothing about the far east so didn't want to chance doing on my on. I am packing now but trying to leave out the kitchen sink. Since we will be using the washers, trying to pack for at least 8 days. My hubby does mix/match but for some reason I don't do that too well.
Have you any idea if the ship is full. Keep me posted on anything of interest pertaining to cruise or any tips you can pass on. This is only our 4th cruise and by far the longest and furthest away.
Can't wait!!
Tina Cook
Old July 11th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Passenger

Mary, I do have a question. You have traveled so much more than we have - what do you do with medicine? I usually use the little plastic weekly containers but have heard that you need all meds in their perscription bottle. I have put just enough pills in the bottles and once on board plan to transfer to the weekly container and throw away the bottles - so bulky.

Tina Cook
Old July 11th, 2004, 11:45 PM
yumasky

I have cruised so many times, and have never found a problem with having to take individual pill bottles. The best way to do it is to fill that one week container, and then in another bottle put in all the other pills you need. Then when the container is empty, you only need to refil it from the one bottle. But most IMPORTANT.......Take extra pills......If you get sick and have to stay longer, then you have extra pills that you will need. Especially on the longer cruises.....It is a good idea to take at least a two week additional supply. Have a great trip, and keep the ship clean....My wife and I are leaving on the Pacific Princess for a 24 day cruise beginning on August 29th. My best..John
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Mary Broad

Hi Tina,
John's answer to the pill problem is the same answer that I would give you. I have never had a question about my pills.
We have also booked our shoreex thru Princess. My husband lived in Japan for two years when he was in Jr. High and he has also been back for two weeks stays on business plus he has done all the reshearch on WWII Pacific Theater, so I let him do all the shoreex for this cruise.
Our stateroom # is 8048. We are also tryiung to pack. I always overpack but since we are flying, I am really down sizing.
On the CC site , try using the bar at the top right of the message board to find the subject or the name of the person posting a message. Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Mary Broad
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Pacific Princess

My husband and I also use the 'weekly' pill containers, but then I make photocopies of all our prescriptions and have them handy along with all of our other travel documents, just in case we are asked for them.

Have a great trip!
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Thanks all for info on pills. Think I will try it ya'lls way. Don't think I am having much luck on downsizing my packing. Though I always seem to bring too much. But with having to wash didn't want to run short.
Will try your suggestion on using searach on the CC Board
Can't wait for next week.
Tina
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Pacific Princess

Come on over to the cruise critic board. There's a bunch of us on this cruise with you.

Arlene