Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2002, 09:19 PM
First Mate

Default Grand- Aloha deck vs. Caribe - help!

OK, I have a question...

What is the difference between the balcony cabins on the Aloha and the Caribe? I'm really starting to wonder if I should look into changing my room to one on the Caribe. I'm really happy with the midship location of our currently booked room on the Aloha deck. My thought being that it's a huge ship and being on the upper decks- at least midship we may feel less movement?

When checking the available rooms on the deck plans on some of the bigger travel sites there doesn't seem to be much left on either the Aloha or the Caribe.

I still have the option of calling my TA and having her change our room assignment to one on the Caribe.... is it really worh it? I'm full of anxiety and self doubt now-
Help!

We've had a balcony before, but this is our first time on Princess. I love having a balcony and doubt I would cruise without one - is that the main difference between these two decks? The balconies? What about the cabin size itself? Is the layout the same on either deck? I'm so confused.

Thanks for your help!!

deja

Thank you
deja
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Grand- Aloha deck vs. Caribe - help!

Hi Deja,
We had a balcony cabin on Aloha deck on Golden, more aft. Since its the upper deck with balconies, we could see down on the other balconies, not a problem for us. Some of the balconies a few decks below were definitely larger, part of them were directly out, not under the overhang. If you don't mind the others being able to see you in your balcony, I'd just stay put midship and enjoy!

If you look at the attached pic, you can kind of see how the balconies tier out?

Have a great time and be sure to catch the champagne waterfall!

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 24th, 2002, 12:56 PM
First Mate

Thanks Donna

As it turned out - we had to change the date of our cruise from 10/20 to 10/27 - we ended up upgrading from a BB to a BA (have no clue what the difference is - lol!) but since we wanted to stay midship - these were the ones available.

So... we ended up on the Caribe deck after all - but still midship. I see what you mean about others being able to see down onto the lower balconies! Thank you for that picture!

That's ok with me - I have no intention of hanging around out there naked or anything- lol.

<whew> Princess was able to change our date, no penalty fee - give us our new confirmation number and it's showing on their web site already. I think I like this cruise line!

deja
Old April 28th, 2002, 10:05 AM
summer

Does anyone know what the differance is between BA BB BC ... and so on? I want a balcony . Is it worth the extra $250.00 and wich deck is the best? Thanks
Old June 14th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Joann Kelley

Default Re: Re: Grand- Aloha deck vs. Caribe - help!

hI
WE ARE BOOKED ON THE GRAND FOR NOV. 24 ON THE CARIBE DECK FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD THE BA DECK IS A EXTENDED DECK THATS WHAT WE HAVE.