Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Henry April

Default Back from the Sun[15 Apr.}

Great food, Great shows!!!
Was any on this ship???
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Lucky951

Default Re: Back from the Sun[15 Apr.}

We are booked on the Sun next April 25. I am specially interested in whether you think the food, service, etc has changed over a few years ago. Also, what was the Sun itinerary you were on? We are looking for information on the Mexican Riviera cruise.
Old May 1st, 2002, 06:16 AM
Henry April

Default Re: Re: Back from the Sun[15 Apr.}

Sun Princess - 15 April, 10 day Panama Canal Partial Transit.
There was10 of us.

The food, service, etc has not changed over a few years ago. I did not see the pasta course at dinner. The drink prices were about $4. You can you order a bottle of* Gin to be sent to your cabin for consumption. The price is about what you would pay on land. We did not use Personal Choice.
Check out this INFO on this Board [What Ship U sailing, and when]. The date is 3-26-02.

See ya,
Henry
Old May 1st, 2002, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Back from the Sun[15 Apr.}

Henry,

By way of clarification, Princess still has the pasta on the menu but it's now grouped with the entrees rather than shown as a separate course because they found that most passengers who order pasta do not order an entree now. Nonetheless, the staff will gladly bring you a pasta course if you order it that way.

Norm.
Old May 4th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Emmy

Default Re: Re: Re: Back from the Sun[15 Apr.}

Henry,
My husband and I were on the April 15 sailing of the Sun Princess and definitely there was a pasta course.It was the first item of the entres and I asked the waiter to bring it to me as a second course and a smaller serving. The pastas were very good and in fact my husband had it as his entre the first night at dining. I am doing a review and will post it. Overall we had a wonderful 25th anniversary cruise and loved all the ports of call. We found the age demographics a bit too old for us (46 & 48 years) and therefore the entertainment was a bit low key and not much happening around the pool except the last day when they had a belly flop contest. Found our waiters and service at dinner late seating lacking but think it was just our two servers as when we had breakfast the last day in the dining room service was excellent. Final thoughts for us we prefer Royal Caribbean by a small margin. Entertainment better, more spectacular rooms like the dining room and atrium. Food quality about the same and the service as well except I have to say in five cruises the service in the dining room was the worst. Our head waiter actually had to fill the water glasses on at least 3 occasions and we had to ask for more coffee on more than one occasion. the chairs were never pulled out for the ladies and the napkin put on our laps. I know these are little things but I had always experienced these things on all my past cruises so naturally expected them. Still a wonderful cruise and the differences were subtle and a first time cruiser would not notice the differences.This by the way was our second cruise on Princess. took lots of pictures and have wonderful memories and of course crusing is better than being at work!

Emmy
Old May 6th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Lucky951

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from the Sun[15 Apr.}

Will look forward to your review. Can't read enough about the Sun Princess as I dream about next year