Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Linda Souza

Default Pacific Princess mini-suites

Hi,
We're going on the Pacific to Bermuda 7/21 and are really looking forward to sailing on this vintage ship after being on the Grand last year. We origionally booked a BA cabin on the Promenade deck but got an unbelievable offer of 1200 per person for the mini-suites so we grabbed it (one for hubby and myself and one for daughters 17 and 24) Question is what are these suites like? We have booked PR 351 and pr 352. One question in particular is....what is the noise level like from the Terrace Room? Should that be a concern? Any info on these suites is really much appreciated. Aside from that how is this ship in general. I realize that she is much older and much smaller (just the reason that we booked her since she will be leaving Princess after this Bermuda season) but are there places on this ship that are cozier than others. Once in Bermuda are there things/sights that as a family we should make sure that we don't miss? Hubby is an avid golfer---any particular course that he should try to get a T-time? Our 17 year old and hubby also love to scuba dive.....is there any particular place that they would enjoy over another...ie ship wrecks, coral reefs, better types of fish etc.
Thanks in advance for your replies!
Linda
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Babette

Default Re: Pacific Princess mini-suites

You will not notice any noise from the Terrace Room nor from the Pacific Lounge below you.

Two non-convertible twins, one sofa bed. Storage is excellent. Bath with tub!! Though we were at first a bit stymied with the controls.

Just remember to keep the draperies drawn!!!

The Pacific Princess - though petite - is a Grand Lady. Enjoy your cruise.
Old May 22nd, 2002, 11:54 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Pacific Princess mini-suites

I LOVE that old girl. I've never stayed in a mini suite but remembeer back to when she and her sister Island Princess were pretty new (I guess that ages me, but who cares). She is so small that you get to know her crew (very friendly) and quite a few passengers as well. I wish she were staying with the fleet since no one is building small ships anymore. Now we have only Royal which is the grandest ship in the world, IMHO. Have a wonderful time and give her a lst goodbye for me.

Carole