CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Formal Nights on Sea Princess - Alaska (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/222886-formal-nights-sea-princess-alaska.html)

Rick May 21st, 2002 02:27 PM

Formal Nights on Sea Princess - Alaska

OK, one more post and I'll shut up :) Everything is in place, plane tickets, excursions, etc...just waiting for the actual cruise docs. Now, does anybody know which nights are the formal nights on the Sea Princess R/T Vancouver? I want to plan something special and would like to do it on one of those 2 nights. I also want to thank everyone for their wealth of valuable information that I have received on these boards. This will be the dream vacation!!!

Frank May 21st, 2002 04:37 PM

Re: Formal Nights on Sea Princess - Alaska

Usually the formal nights are on evenings when you haven't spent the day in port. On your particular cruise, I don't know. However, I do know that Princess does not follow their standard guidelines on Alaskan cruises except for the number of formal nights. They show the other nights as either semi-formal or casual. On our Dawn Princess cruise last summer, there were no semi-formal nights. Fortunately I knew from previous cruisers and could pack lighter but for some reason, Princess would not change their information to reflect this. I would have been quite annoyed if I had packed some semi-formal clothes if it wasn't needed.
Frank

norm May 21st, 2002 07:55 PM

Re: Re: Formal Nights on Sea Princess - Alaska

Frank,

Princess has dropped all semiformal evenings. Seven-day cruises now have two formal evenings and five casual evenings.

Norm.

norm May 21st, 2002 07:59 PM

Rick,

On seven-day cruises, the formal nights usually are on the second and sixth evenings, but could change if either of these evenings has a port of call with departure scheduled for 6:00 PM or later.

As a matter of policy, the first evening (embarkation day) and the last evening (before disembarlation) are always casual on every cruise due to the arrangements for delivering and collecting luggage.

Norm.

Rick May 22nd, 2002 07:57 AM

Thanks Guys,
I think I've figured it out.....day 2 is cruising the inside passage, and then the other one must be the day we cruise Hubbard/Glacier Bay, because that last sea day is the last night of the trip. Thanks for your help!

Frank May 22nd, 2002 10:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Formal Nights on Sea Princess - Alaska

Norm:
I'm glad Princess finally did that officially. As I said, I'd sure be annoyed if I packed clothes I didn't need.

Now I have to find out from the folks taking the Regal to Alaska as to what the code is for that 10 day cruise.
Frank

Rick May 23rd, 2002 07:05 PM

I envy you Frank!!!!

norm May 25th, 2002 07:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Formal Nights on Sea Princess - Alaska

Frank,

According to the latest edition of Princess's Cruise Answer Book that I have (which is only a couple months old), ten-day cruises usually have

>> Three FORMAL Evenings and

>> Seven SMART CASUAL Evenings.

That cruise itinerary looks fabulous. Enjoy!

Norm.

Frank May 27th, 2002 10:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Formal Nights on Sea Princess - Alaska

Norm:
That sounds great and is what I hoped for. Thanks.
Frank