Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Mike Sullivan

Default Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

I'm looking to cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and don't know where the cruise ships dock. I need a hotel near there. Any tips?

Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Embassy Suites and Amerisuites is on 17th Street are popular pre-cruise hotels. I personally don't like Amerisuites but it is a clean hotel. Both of these will pick you up at the airport and take you to the ship.

Renaissance by Marriott is also on 17th Street and is brand new. The Hyatt 66 and Marriott Marina are also popular.

We got Embassy Suites for $60 on Priceline. If you look at www.biddingfortravel.com - you can see what hotels Priceline uses. I will use them everytime I go to FLL. Biddingfortravel gives you great info on Priceline - definitely worth reading before you bid.
Old May 24th, 2002, 08:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

We stayed at Renaissance in Feb and were very pleased. It is new and within sight of the pier.
Old May 24th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Cookie

Theresa, We also got the Embassy Suites for $60 on priceline for 2 suites/2 days. First I inquired directly, being a little skeptical of priceline, and the hotel wanted 199 + 12% tax for our particular days. For 2 couples for 2 days, that's almost $900.00!! I am having so much fun telling everyone we SAVED $620.!!! It's almost unbelievable. And with free (cooked to order) breakfast and free cocktail hour, its like getting a day free. Obviously, I also will be using priceline for all of my hotel needs in Fll. Cookie
Old May 25th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Mike Sullivan

Thanks folks! We booked the Marriott marina on 17th street for $59. Thanks so much! They tell me they DO NOT offer airport pick up, but do deliver to cruise area. Any extra tips will be appreciated .

mike
Old May 26th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Admiral

I have heard great things about Marriott Marina!

When I bid, I knew I would get Renaissance, Marriott or Embassy Suites - I would have been pleased with any of the above.

The airport is real close - it would surprise me if your taxi is over $10 from airport to hotel!

Good job!
Old May 26th, 2002, 10:47 PM
Mike Sullivan

Thanks Teresa. I was wonndering how much the taxi would be. I know we will have many, many bags . We usually travel very light but with all the "formal" and "smart casual" dining,,,we are having to carry the whole closet .
Old May 27th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Sometimes it is easier to grab a taxi then find the "courtesy phone" and wait 20 minutes (or more) for the van to show up.

They do have "larger taxis" in FLL for those with lots of stuff!

Last time we were at Embassy Suites - we just took a taxi.
Old May 27th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Mike Sullivan

Thanks for the tips folks.
Old May 27th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Passenger

How is it everyone get the Priceline.com $60 a night deals at Embassy Suite? I have had no luck.
Old May 27th, 2002, 05:39 PM
KreinKrunker

Taxi from pier to airport is about$10-$12, including tip. It can't be much more than that to the Marriot.
Old May 28th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Cookie LaCava

Default Re: Re: Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Tony, I read all the tips on biddingfortravel.com, they give you tips on how to bid successfully on priceline for the type of hotel you want. The message boards also give you alot of info on how others were successful. It also depends on what date you pick. I called the hotel directly and asked if there was any conventions, boat show, ect.. in town and also how many rooms they had available for my date. There was not much doing at that time, so I felt comfortable bidding low. I put in 3* in Ft Lauderdale, and got it on my second bid. Good luck.