Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2002, 01:15 PM
Beginner

Default bringing alcohol on board

Is it true that Princess has clamped down on bringing any of your own alcohol on board? Does this apply to hard liquor, wine and beer?
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: bringing alcohol on board

Hi Johng,
We were able to bring on beer at one port, they did ask if we had liquor and said it was beer, no problem??? This policy does seem to change almost daily, but it does look like they are sticking to the liquor policy with hard liquor, have heard cruisers just carefully packing it in the check-in luggage. You may consider that???

Good luck and happy cruising!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 2nd, 2002, 07:50 PM
KreinKrunker

Wrap it in bubble wrap, and put it in your checked baggage. You might also want to put that in a large ZipLoc. Just in case.
Old June 2nd, 2002, 08:02 PM
Admiral

John,

As of my last cruise (last March), the policy was that passengers could bring wine aboard, but no other alcoholic beverages -- apparently including beer. They appeared to be inspecting for it more thoroughly than in the past. On my last Mexican Riviera cruise, I stored a bottle of tequilla and two bottles of tequilla-based liqueur, purchases as souvenirs, in my cabin with no questions being asked. Last March, though, security personnel seemed to be looking for booze among passengers' purchases ashore.

You can bring back whatever you want as souvenirs, but the official policy is that you have to check it for storage and reclaim it on the day before you disembark.

Norm.
Old June 4th, 2002, 12:19 AM
Yeoman

Heres' an idea! When you go ashore, get a Avian (or any brand) quart bottle of water, then fill it up with the booze! Hopefully you drink vodka, white rum or gin....heheeee They never ask what is in the water bottle, I have seen and heard of many people doing this in St. Maarten and St. Thomas, cuz they wanted some for their stateroom, the booze is cheap there and they got the stuff they were bringing home in these cardboard cartons with handles that security took to stow until the end of the cruise.
Cheryl
Old June 9th, 2002, 10:20 PM
3rdtime

I have a couple of big plastic flasks that I put in my suitcase and have never had a problem, On rccl last year when we came back onboard with a bag of stuff, they didn't look inside to see what was in it, it was pretty easy to roll a bottle up in a couple of shirts.
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Limey-Neil

Default Re: Re: bringing alcohol on board

Please remember the extra security measures since sept 11th. I don't think you can walk on to a ship now without getting you bags checked.
Old June 14th, 2002, 11:59 PM
nic

We put plastic flasks in with our bathroom items when we first boarded. They go along with the other bottles and if you don't label them then unless they open each they will never notice. But I did find it easier to just order a drink from the waiters, more expensive, but easier than running back to the cabin everytime you run out.