Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Linda Souza

Default Pacific Princess 7/21/02

Hi,
We (husband 48,myself 46 daughters 24 and 17) going on the Pacific and looking for others. We have been on the Sun a few years back and the Grand last year and thought we would try the vintage Pacific before she is sent off later this year. Decided to show the girls just what cruising was all about 30 years ago when this ship was built.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Pacific Princess 7/21/02

Enjoy, have been on the Pacific Princess two times and love it! A classic experience on a grand lady.
Old June 22nd, 2002, 09:09 AM
Cecilia

Hi Linda, we are going the same week! My husband is 44 and I'll be 42 (the cruise is the day after by birthday) and we have two daughters as well, 16 and 20 years old. I have been reading some of the message's and all seem pretty good, except the one I read last night! I read this review by this man named Gary who just sailed on the PP May 19, 2002 (cruisereviews.com) and it was horrible! This is our first cruise and I don't want it to be a bad experience! Do you know anyone personally that went on the PP recently? Hope to talk to you soon and maybe you can help ease my mind regarding the PP. Thanks!
Old June 28th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Passenger

Hi all,

I was on the Pacific Princess last August and I'm sure you'll all have an absolutely wonderful time. The ship is a lovely lady--a bit old but very classy. She's smaller than the new ships which means you'll quickly make friends. The cruise staff is marvelous and, from what I understand, Chris Nichol is the cruise director. He's absolutely marvelous--he makes everyone feel very much at home. And he's a terrific performer so be sure to catch his evening solo performance! Go prepared to join in on all of the fun and you'll have a great time! I'm jealous that you're fortunate enough to sail on her, this final season, before she's retired.

Cheers! MabesNY
Old July 8th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Deb & Kerry

My husband (47) and myself (45) will be on-board the PACIFIC PRINCESS celebrating our 25th anniversary. This will be our second cruise. We started last year with the REGAL EMPRESS built in 1953. We seem to like the "old" ships the best and have to sail on the PACIFIC PRINCESS before she leaves the fleet.

Linda...Sorry if this is a "repeat" from the Cruise Critic Message Board...but we just had to "reply" again.

Cecilia...we've done some extensive research on and off the internet and I don't think any of us will be disappointed with our PACIFIC PRINCESS choice. We've only come across one "bad" review...probably from the same man as the one you read. The only thing that we have been cautioned about is to be sure to take some Bonine or Dramamine before we set sail. Looks like we all have something to celebrate on this cruise!

Since the PACIFIC PRINCESS is a relatively small ship...I'm sure we'll all have the opportunity to "meet" and say "Hello" to each other in person sometime on our voyage to Bermuda. I'm sure you are all anxiously counting the days like we are!
Old July 9th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Meghan

Hey, well I'm going on it on Sept 29, 2002 so be sure to tell me all about your experiance... and all...

Meghan
Old July 16th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Passenger

We went through a storm during our trip from NY to Bermuda last year. We were surprised to find out first-hand that the PP's small size enables her to maneuver through rough waters better than the larger ships. We arrived at port before the other ship which left before us!