Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cabin Categories

As I sit here reading all the posts, I am embarressed to admit, I seriously cannot figure out the differences for example between..e.g. a BE or a BF. Can someone clue me in to what is considered an upgrade in a cabin? I realize inside vs. outside, but what is the difference with balcony rooms? Is it their location??
Thanks,
SueZ
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cabin Categories

Sue,
Yep, you said it, the different locations of the same outside/outside cabin may be considered an upgrade, the higher up you go, generally the more it costs. Doesn't necessarily mean its a better cabin, so choose wisely and check the deck plans for stairs/elevators and some of the places you will visit as you cruise. Personally for me, on a Caribbean cruise, I'd rather be closer to the pool deck and if I have to walk a few flights down to eat, not a big deal to me, but it may be to others, so check out the plans and see what works best for your needs.

Have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 20th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Blackrobe

In addition to what Donna has written, the cabins in the middle of the deck are usually a higher category than those toward each end of the ship. If the ship is large enough there may be three different categories of cabin on the outside moving from the center to each end of the ship.
Old June 21st, 2002, 09:19 PM
Passenger

Recently on the Grand I had one of the lower cateagories of mini suites. My cabin was the 3rd from the very front of the ship and the dinning and buffet was at the very rear. It is a long walk in the evening to go to eat. The walk isn't so bad but it takes a long-g-g-g time to get to your destination. If I forgot my camera or something, I did not go back for it. As the other post said, the middle cabins cut your time substantially, especially on the large ships like the Grand.

John L.
Old June 24th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Cabin Categories

John,

"Recently on the Grand I had one of the lower cateagories of mini suites. My cabin was the 3rd from the very front of the ship and the dinning and buffet was at the very rear. It is a long walk in the evening to go to eat. The walk isn't so bad but it takes a long-g-g-g time to get to your destination. If I forgot my camera or something, I did not go back for it. As the other post said, the middle cabins cut your time substantially, especially on the large ships like the Grand."

Are you disabled??? I can't think of anyplace to spend your vacation other than a cruise ship where literally everything (except, of course, the attractions in the ports of call) is within 1000 feet and an elevator ride of your accommodations. If you forget something, you can retrieve it in less than five minutes from anywhere on the ship.

Norm.