Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2002, 01:17 AM
Cookie

Default Upgrade Declined!

My husband let me know, matter-of- factly, that our TA called and offered us an upgrade. Excitedly I replied, "to where? to where?" He replied "don't know, I said no thank you" Well, after my blood came back to my head, I asked him why he did that. He told me he thought I was happy with our cabin. I am but, what if it was a suite?
Can anyone tell me what would the upgrade be for a caribe BB balcony, C714? Not mad at him for not consulting with me anymore. The initial shock wore off. Just curious. Thank you guys. Cookie
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Upgrade Declined!

Hey Cookie,
Your guess is as good as mine, why not just call the travel agent up and find out where the upgrade is, may be worth it to move, sometimes not.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 26th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Cookie

Default Re: Re: Upgrade Declined!

Donna it was a week or more ago and it's probably gone. I would rather not ask the TA, since I have had some difficulties with her and do not "want to rock the boat anymore" as my husband put it.
Old June 26th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Cookie,

At this point, your issue is with your husband rather than with your TA. He's the doof who declined it.

The most likely upgrade would have been to category BA. An upgrade to a minisuite certainly would be possible, but it's less likely since minisuites usually do sell out.

Norm.
Old June 26th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Cookie - don't let your husband answer the phone any more!!!!!! Let the answering machine take ALL messages!

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old June 27th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Cookie

Thanks gang, I feel soooo much better. TA did call again this morn... But to only bug us about our next cruise. UGH!! Hubby did not answer... he knows better now! Cookie
Old June 27th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Norm is probably correct. We had category BD and were upgraded to BA. We're happy!
Old June 28th, 2002, 08:21 AM
BillG

Default Re: Re: Re: Upgrade Declined!

Just curious. Did you ask her what the proferred upgrade had been?
Old June 28th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Unless the TA told your husband EXACTLY what the upgrade would be then he may have been correct in declining it. The 'upgrade' may have just been to a higher deck and in a worse location which IMHO isn't really an upgrade even though it is a more expensive cabin. For those that don't really care where on the ship they are, then sure, a Cat GTY is a good deal as you may get a very nice cabin, you also may get the worst cabin in that or another higher cat. If you are very happy with your cabin and they do not tell you exactly what your 'upgrade' is then maybe it is wise to turn it down.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old June 29th, 2002, 12:37 AM
Cookie

Yes, found out it was a higher deck, and from what I've seen, a smaller balcony. Guess hubby did good after all. Thanks guys. Cookie