Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Default Norm - what do you hear about the Coral Princess???

As a keen observer of Princess, wondered if you had any info re the Coral Princess and its status. Will she be ready on time? When are they planning sea trials? And, any other goodies you might know. Thanks.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Norm - what do you hear about the Coral Princess???

Jane,

"As a keen observer of Princess, wondered if you had any info re the Coral Princess and its status. Will she be ready on time? When are they planning sea trials? And, any other goodies you might know. Thanks."

I don't have any information that is not publicly available. AFAIK, everything is on track for the scheduled inaugural cruise in December. There are preliminary deck plans in Princess's 2002-2003 "Panama Canal" brochure that appear to be reasonable except for the placement of the children's/teen/youth center (it's right next to a group of passenger cabins -- not a good location for excited tykes!).

Princess seems to allow plenty of time for the usual sources of delays in figuring delivery schedules, so I don't recall ever hearing of Princess Cruises cancelling an inaugural voyage -- though such cancellations do happen on other lines. Whenever a new ship is ready on time, Princess seems to use the slack for crew training and for promotional purposes -- perhaps some receptions for various groups of dignitaries, a short reward cruise for the shipyard workers, a couple short familiarization cruises for travel agents and for members of the cruise and travel press, etc. -- before the official inaugural cruise. If there are unexpected delays, the line can cancel or scale back such events without affecting paying passengers or losing revenues.

Norm.
Old July 1st, 2002, 09:15 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Norm - what do you hear about the Coral Princess???

Norm wrote:

> I don't have any information that is not publicly available.
> AFAIK, everything is on track for the scheduled inaugural
> cruise in December. There are preliminary deck plans in
> Princess's 2002-2003 "Panama Canal" brochure that appear to be
> reasonable except for the placement of the
> children's/teen/youth center (it's right next to a group of
> passenger cabins -- not a good location for excited tykes!).

Norm:
I didn't see this post before I responded on another topic, also asking for more info. I haven't seen the Panama Canal brochure but I'm sure I'll pick it up at a meeting we are having on the 9th about the Panama Canal cruise. We have made a deposit for it.
Frank
Old July 1st, 2002, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Norm - what do you hear about the Coral Princess

Frank,

I respond at length to your earlier post before seeing this one, but you can call Princess (1-800-PRINCESS) toll-free to request the brochure by mail rather than waiting for your meeting.

Norm.
Old July 1st, 2002, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Norm - what do you hear about the Coral Princess???

And, Frank, this brochure has been available for quite some time. I got mine from AAA several months ago - and I believe any travel agent would have it in stock.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012