CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess Menus (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/222990-princess-menus.html)

Mandy July 11th, 2002 01:21 PM

Princess Menus
 
Does anyone have or know where I can locate some sample menus of food served on Princess cruise ships? I'd really like to look at a couple off the Grand - but any ship will do.

Thanks

Mandy

Sharkierools July 11th, 2002 01:30 PM

Re: Princess Menus
 
Try http://www.nobbync.com/menus.html for recent lunch and dinner menus from the Regal Princess.

Mandy July 11th, 2002 02:27 PM

Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
THANK YOU. That was a great help!!!

dsawyer July 11th, 2002 03:06 PM

Re: Princess Menus
 
Hi Mandy, try this for menus from The Grand. Hope you will be able to join our gathering on August 12 at 5:00 p.m. in the Promenade Bar in the Atrium area.

http://grafx.freeservers.com/cruise/menus.html

Best wishes, Dorothy

Mandy July 11th, 2002 03:33 PM

Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
My husband and I are planning on joining ya'll. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Thanks for the menus!!!

dsawyer July 11th, 2002 03:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
Mandy, what's your husband's name and where are you from? We are Dorothy and Joe from Virginia. Looking forward to meeting you.

karyne July 11th, 2002 04:56 PM

Re: Princess Menus
 
Hi,
The menus are http.grafx.freeservers.com/cruise/menus.html
cruise news daily.com/desertrose.html
Were going 8/17!
Hope this helps.
Karyne

norm July 11th, 2002 08:13 PM

Re: Princess Menus
 
Mandy,

I posted some typical menus in response to a similar inquiry a couple months ago, though the title of the threat was less obviously about menus. Here are typical dinner entrees in Princess's main dining rooms for a seven-day cruise, copied from the earlier post. Note that there are also vegetarian and "spa" selections that I did not bother to include here.

Always Available, Even if Not Printed on the Menu:
>> Caesar Salad
>> Custom Salad (Your Choice of Ingredients)
>> Fettucini all'Alfredo
>> Pasta of the Day with "Red" (Tomato) Sauce
>> Broiled Atlantic Salmon
>> Grilled Chicken Breast
>> New York Sirloin Steak
>> Baked Potato

First Evening: SAILAWAY DINNER (Smart Casual)
>> Lumache con Broccoli (Pasta Snails with Broccoli Florets, Capers, a Touch of Fresh Tomato Sauce)
>> Mahi Mahi with Green Asparagus Tips
>> Seafood Turnover in a Lobster Sauce
>> Sauteed Supreme of Chicken with Riesling Sauce
>> Smoked Virginia Ham with Cranberry Gravy
>> Nebraska Prime Rib with Creamed Horseradish

Second Evening: CAPTAIN'S WELCOME DINNER (Formal)
>> Pappardelle con Salsa Principessa (Home-Made Fresh Pasta Simmered in a Creamy Green Asparagus and Mushroom Sauce)
>> Atlantic Silver Salmon and Dill Sauce
>> Louisiana Crayfish Tails in a Saffron Tomato Sauce
>> Rock Cornish Hen Forestiere
>> Tournedos of Beef Tenderloin

Third Evening: CHEF'S DINNER (Smart Casual)
>> Linguini al Pesto alla Moda Liguri
>> Fresh Water Tilapia in a Citrus-Caper Sauce
>> Ostend Sole Fillet Florentine
>> Free Range Guinea Fowl Smitanne
>> Rack of Lamb Dijonnaise
>> New York Steak with Broiled Corn on the Cob

Fourth Evening: ITALIAN DINNER (Smart Casual)
>> Penne all'Arrabiata
>> Pesce Spada alla Griglia (Grilled Swordfish)
>> Gamberi alla Fra Diavolo (Shrimp in a Spicy Tomato Saouce, Served over Rice)
>> Coniglio in Umido con Polenta (Pan-Roasted Rabbit in a White Wine and Shallot Sauce)
>> Costoletta di Vitello alla Piemontese (Veal Chop with Sauteed Mushrooms)
>> Brasato de Manzo al Barolo (Beef Pot Roast)

Fifth Evening: FRENCH DINNER (Smart Casual)
>> Nouilles Facon Cannebiere (Egg Fettucine Simmered in a Light Creamy Lobster Sauce)
>> Saumon au Fenouil (Sauteed Salmon Fillet with a Fennel Pernod Sauce)
>> Grenouilles Provencale (Frog's Legs)
>> Canard a l'Orange (Roast Duck with Orange Sauce)
>> Pork Normand
>> Entrecote au Poivre Vert (Grilled Sirloin Steak with a Green Pepper Sauce)

Sixth Evening: CAPTAIN'S GALA DINNER (Formal)
>> Ravioli con Salsa di Funghi Porcini
>> Sauteed Baby Turbot Fillet with Saffron Sauce
>> Broiled Twin Maine Lobster Tails
>> Roast Pheasant in Pan Juices
>> Beef Wellington

Seventh Evening: LANDFALL DINNER (Smart Casual)
>> Linguine alla Vongole
>> Monk Fish in a Parsley-Crumb Coat
>> King Crab Legs with Melted Butter
>> Young Tom Turkey and All the Trimmings
>> Grilled Spring Lamb Chop
>> Prime Rib au Jus

Please note that these are typical menus, but that actual menus on your cruise may vary depending upon availability of various items.

BTW, Princess's dining staff will do just about anything that a passenger requests, so long as they have the ingredients available. If you ask that something be prepared or serverd a certain way or for some variation on a menu item, they usually will find a way to deliver whatever you request. Princess also is very willing to accommodate requests for off-menu items, so long as you ask soon enough so they can break out the ingredients and do the necessary preparation. This may mean that you need to make the request on the previous evening.

dsawyer July 12th, 2002 11:05 AM

Re: Princess Menus
 
Hi Mandy, its me again Dorothy. If you don't want to put your real names out on these message boards., please send me your info (names of everyone attending get-together and where you are from) in an email message. I am getting our roster together and making name tags. Thanks.
dotsaw22@aol.com

Frank July 13th, 2002 06:02 PM

Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
Those were interesting to see, however, I'm not going to let the rest of the 13 people traveling know about it. I don't want to ruin the surprise. It is always fun to see what will be on the menu each evening. (G) Whoever posted those did not get a full picture of those pages for the Platter. My wife will have trouble both choosing and eating all that I know she will like on that third night's dinner. Thanks for the web site.
Frank-in-CA

Frank July 13th, 2002 06:10 PM

Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
Norm wrote:

> BTW, Princess's dining staff will do just about anything that
> a passenger requests, so long as they have the ingredients
> available. If you ask that something be prepared or serverd a
> certain way or for some variation on a menu item, they usually
> will find a way to deliver whatever you request. Princess also
> is very willing to accommodate requests for off-menu items, so
> long as you ask soon enough so they can break out the
> ingredients and do the necessary preparation. This may mean
> that you need to make the request on the previous evening.

Norm:
What I didn't like to have to do, that Princess required special ordering of, was Eggs Benedict for breakfast. Other cruise lines have that on their menu. Since it is not a regular item, they don't do them correctly either. Also, I always found Princess' room service options to be very limited. If one wanted a continental breakfast, they could do that but not full breakfasts. Some cruise lines allow one to order almost anything the kitchen is cooking as long as it is during those dining times. I'd rather have that option than that Personal Choice they are trying to migrate people to. That would be a real personal choice IMO. (G)
Frank-in-CA

Princess Di July 14th, 2002 08:48 PM

Princess Menus, Correx to Room Service
 
Dear Frank: I was on the C Princess 10 Nov 01 as well as the Pacific on 23 Jun 02. All the Princess ships have breakfast room service with whatever you write in on the card that you hang on your knob at night, i.e., I ordered fresh squeezed o.j., fresh stawberries, ham & cheesed omelet, bacon, english muffin. I got everything I ordered. Also, anything on the dinner menu may be ordered in cabin as well. I've done it.

Frank wrote:

> Norm wrote:
>
> > BTW, Princess's dining staff will do just about anything
> that
> > a passenger requests, so long as they have the ingredients
> > available. If you ask that something be prepared or serverd
> a
> > certain way or for some variation on a menu item, they
> usually
> > will find a way to deliver whatever you request. Princess
> also
> > is very willing to accommodate requests for off-menu items,
> so
> > long as you ask soon enough so they can break out the
> > ingredients and do the necessary preparation. This may
> mean
> > that you need to make the request on the previous evening.
>
> Norm:
> What I didn't like to have to do, that Princess required
> special ordering of, was Eggs Benedict for breakfast. Other
> cruise lines have that on their menu. Since it is not a
> regular item, they don't do them correctly either. Also, I
> always found Princess' room service options to be very
> limited. If one wanted a continental breakfast, they could do
> that but not full breakfasts. Some cruise lines allow one to
> order almost anything the kitchen is cooking as long as it is
> during those dining times. I'd rather have that option than
> that Personal Choice they are trying to migrate people to.
> That would be a real personal choice IMO. (G)
> Frank-in-CA

Mandy July 15th, 2002 09:47 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
We are Mandy and Trey from Georgia. I can't wait to cruise!!!

Frank July 15th, 2002 05:47 PM

Re: Princess Menus, Correx to Room Service
 
Princess Di wrote:

> Dear Frank: I was on the C Princess 10 Nov 01 as well as the
> Pacific on 23 Jun 02. All the Princess ships have breakfast
> room service with whatever you write in on the card that you
> hang on your knob at night, i.e., I ordered fresh squeezed
> o.j., fresh stawberries, ham & cheesed omelet, bacon, english
> muffin. I got everything I ordered. Also, anything on the
> dinner menu may be ordered in cabin as well. I've done it.

I've been on a number of Princess cruises and thought the preprinted items were the only ones that could be obtained using room service. I was never told I could write in something and it would be provided. And you seem to have received such service on the Pacific Princess which has less amenities than other Princess ships. We leave on the Regal this Thursday and I'll have to try it and see what happens. We will also be on the new Coral Princess next spring when it repositions through the Panama Canal. One of the reasons we are trying Celebrity's new Constellation in September is because of their room service which purportedly provides anything the dining room has. Princess shouldn't make this such a secret.
Frank

norm July 15th, 2002 06:55 PM

Re: Re: Princess Menus, Correx to Room Service
 
Frank,

I don't think that it's deliberately a secret. In fact, IIRC, there's some fine print on he room service menu indicating that the full dining room menu is available for room service during dining room hours.

Norm.

nobbync July 15th, 2002 08:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
Hi Frank... This is Nobby and the website with the Patters and menu's are mine... I'm not sure why some of the Patters are not full pages anymore. I did post them as full pages. Some reason they vanished just as some of my changes I made... I will fix it next weekend... Thanks for letting me know!

Nobby

http://www.nobbync.comFrank wrote:

> Those were interesting to see, however, I'm not going to let
> the rest of the 13 people traveling know about it. I don't
> want to ruin the surprise. It is always fun to see what will
> be on the menu each evening. (G) Whoever posted those did not
> get a full picture of those pages for the Platter. My wife
> will have trouble both choosing and eating all that I know she
> will like on that third night's dinner. Thanks for the web
> site.
> Frank-in-CA

Frank July 17th, 2002 12:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
Nobby:
In a couple of days we will see the real thing as we embark on the Regal this Thursday the 18th. (G)
Frank

Frank July 17th, 2002 01:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: Princess Menus, Correx to Room Service
 
Norm wrote:

> I don't think that it's deliberately a secret. In fact,
> IIRC, there's some fine print on he room service menu
> indicating that the full dining room menu is available for room
> service during dining room hours.
>
Norm:
I'll find out for sure in a couple of days. (G)
Frank

rita July 28th, 2002 01:19 PM

Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
These are a great help! We're going on the Grand in just 3 weeks.

Does anyone know what nites each of the menus are for? We are thinking about going to Sabbittinis for dinner one night but don't want to miss something wonderful on the dinning room menu!

Does anyone know if it is difficult to get reservations?
Has anyone tried the Brunch? Is it limited or do they offer 17 courses as well?

Thanks. a bunch.

PS: If anyone knows of a site that gives a day by day memu for the Grand I's love to see it.

Thanks to everyone who posted. There's lots of great info for first time cruisers like us!

hugger July 28th, 2002 10:56 PM

Re: Re: Princess Menus
 
Does anyone know where I can find menu's for the Golden Princess???
I imagine that it does change - depending on the intinerary.

+\fFaNy July 29th, 2002 10:11 PM

Re: Princess Menus
 
When I was looking for some menus for the regal princess, I went to princes.com and searched the ship and they gave me 1 or 2 menus.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1