Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2002, 07:02 AM
First Mate

Default Photo development

Does anyone know if one can have their pictures developed aboard the Grand? I would rather carry photos home than rolls of film if possible. Thanks

Mandy
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2002, 09:07 AM
dsawyer

Default Re: Photo development

Hi Mandy,
Yes The Grand will develop your photos for you. I have never taken advantage of this servcice so I can't comment on the cost. Maybe someone else can provide that info. See you onboard. Also, if you could please email me so that I can email you each time we have any updates about our get-together. Your email address is the only one in our group I am missing. Thanks so much for your help.
Dorothy
Old July 16th, 2002, 09:23 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Photo development

I just sent you an email. Thanks for the info!!
Old July 16th, 2002, 09:36 AM
First Mate

On the Golden last year, I had prints made from my digital camera. They turned out great. It only took a minute for them to upload the photos from my memory card. The prints were ready later that afternoon. I thought the cost was very reasonable (although I don't remember what it was).
Old July 16th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

With ships photographs being so costly, it's perhaps surprising that cost to develop film is very reasonable. Very little more than land based processing. Mrs. Kuki uses this service quite a bit.
Old July 16th, 2002, 02:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Photo development

Kuki:
Thanks for the tip as on our last trip I brought all the film back here. I pay about $20 per 24 which includes 2nd set and photos on CD. Of course thats in $Canadian.

If Princess is a little more, so what, you're on vacation. I would expect the same if you were on Banff, Skagway or some other tourist area.

Keep up the good advice.

Richard
Old August 23rd, 2002, 12:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Photo development

We just returned from the Golden and were pleasantly surprised to find out how reasonably we could get film developed on board. We have a digital camera. and I was concerned about running out of space on the memory cards we had, since it was a 12 day Mediterranean cruise with lots of great photo opportunities. We ended up downloading the card every day when we got back from port. The digital camera pictures were 35 cents each, which is less than we pay at home (in Canada). The quality of the finishing was excellent. We also had a couple of regular film rolls developed - it is usually $9.95, whichis more than we pay at home, but we took advantage of a 50% off coupon that was left in our cabin on about day 5. we actually used several of them, as some people were were not using theirs and gave them to us.
sheila