Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2003, 08:17 AM
tjblue

Default Sea Princess veterans - a few questions

I haven't been on a cruise in over 15 years. I'm sure things are different than I remember, so if anyone can answer any of my questions, please do:

1. Are there recumbent bikes in the fitness room? If so, about how many?

2. How do women dress during the day, other than swimwear? I like to pack light, and I don't want to be overdressed or look like a bum.

3. What are the rules about bringing a bottle of wine on board for consumption in my stateroom?

4. I don't do coffee, so is plain old Lipton Tea available? How about decaf tea?

5. What types of diet soda are available? Can I get a diet Sprite, ginger ale or other decaf soda?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Sea Princess veterans - a few questions

Hello, we sailed on the Sea Princess a couple of years ago, she is a beautiful ship. As for your questions i will try to answer a couple. I don't know what recumbant bikes are so i can't help you there. The dress code for Princess during the day is usually short & shirts-You need a cover-up over your swimsuit for areas other than the pools. For the evening the dress code is resort/smart casual w/2 formal nights on a 7-day cruise. As for the wine, i know that Princess will be happy to serve your wine w/dinner for a corking-fee, your cabin steward may serve you your wine in your cabin for the same fee, not sure, double check with your TA. All types of teas- regular, de-caff & herbal are available. They only have diet coke, no de-caff- if you have a medical condition like diabetes or whatever that you need diet or de-caff soda, have your TA contact Princess to make some arrangements.
Old February 26th, 2003, 03:07 PM
michael bouck

Default Re: Sea Princess veterans - a few questions

If my memory is correct there are about six bikes in the gym. I think there are 4 or 5 treadmills and about 5 step machines.

Most women that I remember (and this was 2 years ago on Sea Princess but they are all the same) dress casual during the day ie; shorts, blouse, sandles during the day and mostly swimsuits on sea days.

You are allowed to bring wine and champagne on board with you. Any other alcoholic beverages will be taken and given back to you on the last day of the cruise.

Tea is available (decaf too) on the ship. You will be able to get it in the Horizon Court or the coffee bars by the pool all day.

Soda is of the Coca Cola family (sprite, diet sprite, coke, diet coke). You can purchase a soda card for $10 on 7 day cruise and have all the fountain soda you want.

Hope this helps.

PS: I will be doing a back to back on the Sea Princess in just 2 weeks. She was the first ship we were on and wanted to do her again before they sell her in April or May.

Happy cruisin,
Mike
Sea Princess 03/01
Golden Princess 10/01
Sun Princess 03/02
Sea Princess 03/03 (back to back)
Old February 26th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Sea Princess veterans - a few questions

There is a cork screw in your cabin.
Old February 26th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Sea Princess veterans - a few questions

The Soda Card was 22.50 on our Feb 1 Cruise
Old February 26th, 2003, 05:36 PM
michael bouck

Default Re: Re: Re: Sea Princess veterans - a few questions

Was that for a 10 day cruise or a 7 day cruise? I remember paying $10 for a 7 day and $20 for a 10 day (without the mug) If that is the case then it will cost me $40 for the back to back.

Mike
Old February 27th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Sea Princess veterans - a few questions

That was for a 7 day cruise.