Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2002, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Default Hey Norm....Diamond Question

Norm, if you're out there,
We're booked on the 6/22/03 sailing on the new Diamond Princess out of Seattle. This will be only her second scheduled sailing. My question is : What are the chances that she will be late in delivery? Also, will they take her out for some "shakedown" cruises, kind of like they did with the Star? I'm having second thoughts on this booking. Please put my mind to rest!

Thanks,
Rick
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2002, 10:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hey Norm....Diamond Question

Rick,

"We're booked on the 6/22/03 sailing on the new Diamond Princess out of Seattle. This will be only her second scheduled sailing. My question is : What are the chances that she will be late in delivery? Also, will they take her out for some "shakedown" cruises, kind of like they did with the Star? I'm having second thoughts on this booking. Please put my mind to rest!"

I have never heard of any P&O Princess Cruises ship being delivered late, though there was one ship delivered to P&O Cruises that had mechanical problem surface on her inaugural voyage that forced cancellation of the rest of that trip. Overall, the company does seem to allow time for adequate shakedown before embarking passengers.

MV Diamond Princess is the first vessel that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has built for P&O Princess Cruises Plc. so the risk of unexpected problems could be somewhat higher than usual. Nonetheless, there's no point losing sleep over it. If anything forces cancellation of your cruise, you probably will receive both a full refund and a great discount on another cruise. That sounds pretty good to me!

Norm.
Old July 23rd, 2002, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Thanks Norm!
Old August 5th, 2002, 07:38 PM
DrWong

Just in case, you might want to spend an extra $100 on cruise insurance.

Rich